How You Can Make An Impact
We are looking for Quant Analysts to join our growing team in Chicago. As a member of our team, you will gain exposure to various asset classes and trading strategies through your collaboration with different trading desks. The ideal candidate has a strong desire to apply their academic work to end-to-end research initiatives with the goal of optimizing existing strategies and generating alpha.
Our quant analysts have a track record of growing their career from a pure research role to a hands-on trading role responsible for achieving profitability targets.
- Partner with traders and quants to enhance market prediction models utilizing systematic problem-solving and advanced statistical techniques
- Develop and enhance tools to understand key drivers and indicators of profitability and risk
- Learn from experienced data scientists by designing and creating data mining and machine learning algorithms
- Work alongside a team of experienced traders to improve existing strategies and deploy new strategies that monetize opportunities in financial markets
- Analyze trading performance and financial time series data with fundamental statistical theories
- Conduct research to improve risk management, revenue capture, and market coverage
- Monitor and troubleshoot our proprietary software and trading infrastructure
- Use systematic thinking and analytical skills to anticipate problems and proactively formulate solutions
- Contribute to libraries of tools for market data analytics and trade strategy optimization
What You'll Need
- M.S. and/or Ph.D. in Financial Mathematics, Financial Engineering, or another STEM-related field of study required
- 1+ years of experience with financial modeling, machine learning, quantitative research, or trading is highly preferred
- Demonstrated experience applying academic knowledge in machine learning and modeling to real-world problems required
- A strong understanding of market microstructure, financial statistics, game theory, options theory, and derivatives products required
- Strong programming experience in Python and Q (KDB+) highly preferred
- Knowledge of statistical methods and experience employing optimization libraries and statistical packages such as R, highly preferred
- Experience with forecasting and data mining techniques, such as linear and non-linear regression analysis, neural networks, or support vector machines highly preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Who We Are
Geneva Trading LLC is a global principal trading firm founded in 1999 with offices in Chicago and Dublin. Our dedication to improving and optimizing our best-in-class proprietary technology allows our firm to compete on all levels in the global trading industry. We pride ourselves on a collaborative culture of integrity, trust, passion, and dedication to personal excellence. Our flat organizational structure and casual environment attract individuals with the drive to innovate.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.