Shipping Coordinator (contract)
- Maintain communication on ETA and status on material availability to shipping dock by continuous communication with stakeholders in supply
- GCP supplying locations (Chicago production, Mt Pleasant production MPS scheduler, Buyers)
- Coordinate with shipping clerks to determine trucking status on open shipments
- Key contact for material and shipment status to Customer Service Organization and Product Management
- Key daily work product will be complete and up-to date shipment status report (ZWTS) sent to organization
- Coordinate transportation status for customer orders designated as “Customer Pick/Arranged” with communication with Customer Service Organization
- Daily warehouse inventory status check to meet daily shipment needs
- Responsible for facilitating warehouse weekly cycle count process
- Report directly to the plant manager. Interact collaboratively with various employee levels and departments throughout the organization.
- Coordinates with customer service on status of customer returns
- Performs other duties as assigned by Plant Management.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must have current regular driver's license
- Minimum one year experience working in a warehouse setting and with domestic shipping requirements for business transactions or equivalent experience in general office environment, including: telephone etiquette and computer skills (SAP,MS outlook, Word, Excel). Professional attitude.
- Overtime required