Sales Representative, Building Envelope
This sales position is primarily focused in the NYC marketplace, but can include some overnight travel up to 25%.
- Maintaining contact with established customers and developing new prospects in the NYC marketplace.
- Grow existing and develop perspective accounts in assigned territory in accordance with company policies and programs.
- Successfully promote new growth products.
- Analyze customer’s needs and formulate solutions using all resources made available by the company.
- Increase sales volume with established accounts and aggressively seek new projects to position GCP Applied Technologies (formerly GRACE) Waterproofing and Air Barrier Systems by implementing planned sales strategies, company marketing programs, and delivering effective customer service.
- Become expert on competitive products and marketing practices, and to keep management informed concerning them.
- Work closely as part of a regional sales team in the Northeast Region. Cooperates and assists fellow salespersons, sales managers, marketing personnel, customer service, manufacturing, and other company personnel.
- Heavy contractor sales calls as well architectural and engineering sales calls for specification positions.
- Attend and participate in sales meetings, training programs, self-development programs, conventions, customer entertainment meetings, association meetings and trade shows.
- Three to five years minimum selling value-added products in a construction related field.
- Construction industry sales experience.
- Has broad knowledge of services, products
- Demonstrated ability to consistently meet customer expectations and work as part of a team.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to discuss business issues and propose appropriate product solutions.
- Exceptional sales orientation, comfortable with cold calling and ability to fill the pipeline with opportunities.
- Maintain up to date records through computer systems (i.e. CRM).
- Known for negotiation and presentation skills.
Bachelor's degree required