The Maintenance individual is responsible for the safe maintenance, repair or replacement of plant equipment and systems and for ensuring maximum production quantity and quality, while supporting the policies, goals and objectives of the company.
- Maintain and repair industrial machinery and mechanical equipment, i.e., conveyor belts, shredders, piping, tanks, mixers, bucket elevators, compressors, pneumatics, packers
- Responsible for the daily, weekly, monthly, bi-annual, and annual preventative maintenance activities on all plant equipment.
- Contribute toward improving the maintenance system and associated procedures
- Timely repair of equipment in any breakdown condition to preserve the integrity of the production planning process and minimize downtime
- Working independently and with others to solve mechanical and technical problems
- Organization and upkeep of maintenance and tool area
- Machining, welding, and fabrication using welding equipment, hand, and power tools
- Ensure compliance with Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) and regulatory policies, and practices
- Performing general building maintenance
Millwright Skills and Specifications
- Knowledge of safety precautions related to occupational hazards, procedures and practices of the
- Follow company safety policies and safe work
- Skilled in identifying the proper power and hand tools in the safest possible manner and various
- Skilled in operating at least some type of vehicles like trucks, fork lifts, elevated work platforms/scissor lifts,
- General knowledge of Health and Safety including Occupational Health and Safety Legislation and Regulations for Industrial Establishments and Construction, Hazard Recognition, Material Handling Equipment, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), Machine Guarding, and Electrical
- Organizational skills ensuring work is performed in an efficient
- Have required tools
ACADEMIC AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
- Requires Millwright Certificate (433A)
- Minimum three years’ experience in building and mechanical equipment maintenance and repair; or an acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience.