Develop, implement, and manage Operations strategy in Mexico country aligned with LA strategy. Ensure that the plant operation such that customer receives timely delivery of quality product consistent with efficient plant operation within budgetary and quality standards and complying to all governmental norms. Responsible for EHS, Production, Quality, Maintenance, Indirect Purchasing and Logistic.
- Work with Regional Ops Manager to develop, gain approval for, and execute Ops strategy. Develop and manage work plans and budgets in conjunction with local management and US. Contribute to development of Ops vision for the businesses. Ensure successful, on-schedule, on-budget completion of all regional Mexico Plants projects. Implement appropriate reporting and tracking procedures.
- Develop and manage an effective Ops organizational structure. Ensure that correct resources and skills are available to provide effective Ops services. Implement and manage contracts with all required external Ops service providers. Work with HR function to develop and implement Ops staff training and development plans to continuously improving the capability of the Ops staff and organization. Work to ensure staff motivation and retention.
- Establishes and enforces good housekeeping standards and comply with safety practices.
- Manages all operations of the plant to achieve a high level of product quality, service and operating efficiency assuring the deliveries of AOP.
- Maintains inventories within prescribed limits consistent with short term and seasonal sales demands.
- Hires, trains and releases employees as required to meet sales requirements and within approved budget and standard cost
- Administers labor relations in accordance with Company policies and the labor agreement.
- Reports immediately any situation endangering the health and safety of employees and/or the property of the Company and recommends a planned course of action
- Maintains facilities, equipment and vehicles in good operating condition through preventive maintenance program in México Plants
- Decides and approves all unplanned maintenance work within established spending limited and initiates approval requests for work in excess of spending limits.
- Continuously evaluate the inventory, cost in order to assure AOP and objectives accomplishment and take the action to improve it.
- Develop and lead the improvement projects to improve process efficiency and mitigate the inflation.
- Prepares and maintains records necessary for managing and controlling the operation.
- Makes recommendations that will improve service and efficiency and reduce cost, including those that may involve capital expenditure achieving the targets of productivity to reduce the impact of annual inflation.
- Directs and/or performs the necessary quality control activities to maintain product and packing quality.
- Develop and manage appropriate education, training and problem resolution strategies assuring harmonization among the plants related to best practices.
Position Scope (supervisory and financial responsibility)
- Reports to: Regional Operation Manager
- Direct reports: 8
- Financial/Budgetary: FAO 453k USD – FC 172 kUSD – 92 kUSD CAPEX
- Revenue: 15 mio USD
- Region/Countries: Mexico
- Key metrics: EHS performance / Production Volume / Inventory Level / Expenses Control / Productivity / Quality / Deliveries and shipments./ Freight cost/ CAPEX
Key Success Factors:
- AOP Planning – Implementation – Tracking - Achievement
- Comply with local and corporate procedures and legislation.
- Improve continuously the High EHS standard and ISO achieving “ZERO” recordable cases in the area of responsibility.
- Deliver customer products on time with excellent quality at a minimum cost.
- Develop and retain people create a good environment.
- Achieve the Productivity and Operation Strategy
Key Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to relate to all levels of individuals. Must be tactful, yet forceful.
- Excellent verbal and written communication with a good standard of English.
- Ability to transfer knowledge to others as required through formal or informal training.
- Good knowledge of business practices and manufacturing requirements.
- Good motivator with effective interpersonal skills.
- Ability to establish and lead a multi-skilled team. Ability to work in a matrix organization involving networking across geographical, functional and business boundaries.
- Sense of urgency; aggressiveness in implementation of plans being respectful with people
- Proactive, schedule driven approach to work.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and reconcile conflicting demands from headquarters, local site managers, and disparate users.
- 5-7 years related Managerial experience of which 5 year was in a management position.
- Good knowledge of Chemical Operations requirements.
- Good knowledge of local norms and legislation
- Technical/Science Degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.