- Report directly to the Operations Manager. Interact collaboratively with various employee levels and departments throughout the organization.
- Unloads incoming shipments and verifies quantity received against packing slip. Verifies materials received and documents all receipts in receiving book.
- Moves received raw materials to appropriate stock areas. Verifies and delivers all non-stock products to appropriate department using internal system. Completes receiving documents and notify Purchasing Department of any discrepancies in goods received.
- Prepares packages for returns; i.e., photographs goods, re-packages and re-labels goods. Completes masterhold and material tag on return products and references against customer inquiry.
- Prepares outgoing orders from Production Control for shipment, including packaging of goods. Prepares special packaging according to packaging directions.
- Verifies goods against shipping documents and notifies Administrative Assistant of any discrepancies.
- Calculates weights and records on shipping containers as required.
- Assists in coordinating with Production to meet required shipping schedules. Notifies Supervisor when product pick-up is needed.
- Prepares and moves material to shipping docks or carrier containers as required.
- Maintains inventory of packing supplies, i.e., cartons, tapes, crates, foam and other packing materials. Processes finished goods, in-process, and raw materials into stock/product area in warehouse.
- Maintains housekeeping in general warehouse area. Maintains daily inspection log of warehouse conditions. Utilizes tools and equipment, including skids, pallets, hand trucks, etc.
- Assists in verifying and maintaining stock documentation and files.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must have current regular driver's license
- Minimum one year experience in order filling and shipping and receiving
- Overtime required