Human Resources Business Partner, Operations
The HR Business Partner Operations NA will support the Vice President, Operations NA and his teams from Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Customer Service, Procurement and Engineering to provide HR leadership around workforce planning, organizational development, employee relations, cultural change initiatives, continuous improvement activities, recruitment and generalist support.
The HRBP Operations NA will partner closely with Operations functional leaders and Plant Managers across NA.
The ideal candidate must have prior experience with unions, managed CBA negotiations and worked in a manufacturing environment with direct labor.
- Collaborate with the VP Operations to understand the Operations Strategies and translate it to an effective organizational strategy. Build organizational capability to support the strategy as well as short and long term business objectives.
- Execute HR processes across the NA Operations function including talent management, succession planning, and compensation planning. Work closely with the corporate functional HR teams from Rewards and Talent.
- Build strong relationships with union representatives and manage/facilitate union contract negotiations across NA manufacturing sites. Manage arbitrations and other dispute responses with unions.
- Partner with the talent acquisition team on resource planning to ensure vacancies are filled on time.
- Provide guidance and counsel to managers on employee relations issues.
- Attend and participate in employee disciplinary meetings, investigations, and terminations.
- Utilizes SAP and SuccessFactors HRIS to administer programs, analyze data, and workforce trends.
- 5-7 years of experience as a HRBP or HR Manager in a NA manufacturing organization.
- Prior experience with direct labor and union negotiations is required.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and overall interpersonal communications skills.
- Proven experience working cooperatively with others and leading others in working together; demonstrated commitment to teamwork and positive collaboration to accomplish goals.
- Demonstrated abilities as a creative problem-solver. Able to address problems in a collaborative manner.
- Strong consultative skills; at ease in formal and informal team leadership as well as team member roles.
- Ability to influence, negotiate, mediate and coach; strong judgment skills to plan and accomplish goals.
- Able to work easily acrossreal and perceived organization boundaries
- Must be able to travel 25-30% to manufacturing sites in North America if/ when needed
- Bachelor’s degree