Technical Service Specialist,Specialty Flooring
The Eastern Technical Services Specialist will provide a full range of field technical support to the North American Sales Region of GCP’s Specialty Flooring business. GCP’s Specialty Flooring business originated with GCP’s 2016 acquisition of the Halex Corporation and is a leader in moisture mitigation products for flooring. The position works hands-on with our commercial sales team, on site with customers who install our products and engages with key industry organizations. A successful candidate will assist customer’s understanding and use of our products, reduce liability for GCP, improve customer relations and reinforce our “expert” image in the market – especially in regards to moisture mitigation for flooring. The Eastern Technical Services Specialist will also work closely with the sales team to identify opportunities for business through improved use and understanding of GCP’s portfolio of products.
Job Location: Eastern & Mid West US
- Experience with the installation and installation challenges of various floor types especially resilient and subfloor preparation
- Ability to diagnose root cause or source of flooring failures and develop a repair plan if applicable
- Self-starter & self-motivated with a passion for the flooring industry
- Professional image, respected in the industry
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Planning and organizational skills complimenting a solid technical background
- Must have strong analytical and problem solving capabilities, able to work in cross-functional environments and be a team player.
- Will work from home office ideally located along the East Coast
- Ability to travel 50% - 75% and work on site with customers installing our products
- Occasionally travel will include nights and weekends
- Advanced education preferred