Warehouse and Logistics Coordinator/Plant Administrator
Responsible for the inventory and logistics management of multiple GCPAT warehouses. Also responsible to support day-to-day production activities of a GCP Manufacturing location.
Produce and distribute high quality concrete and cement admixtures in the most safe and cost effective manner possible with responsibilities including but not limited to:
- If located at a GCPAT manufacturing location, responsible for analyzing raw materials and existing finished products inventory versus local and warehouse demand and order replenishment as needed
- If located at a GCPAT manufacturing location, responsible for creating the daily production schedule for the manufacturing plant
- Management of inventory stock at assigned warehouses to meet customers demand utilizing various tools/sources of input (Kanbans, Sales input, SAP MRP). Place stock transfer POs (STOs) as needed to replenish stock to meet minimum stocking levels
- Insure all interplant warehouse shipments are made as full truckloads and via the most cost effective manner (i.e. intermodal, over-the-road, etc.). Minimize LTL shipments
- Proactively follow-up on all stock transfer POs with manufacturing plants and, as needed, adjust shipping expectations to meet stocking needs
- Manage costs at associated warehouses. Review and approve all warehouse invoices against agreed upon contractual costs. Address discrepancies with vendors as needed
- Manage inventory at assigned warehouses to minimize product obsolescence. Determine slow-moving inventory and determine effective dispensation of same (i.e. ship back to manufacturing plant, ship to another warehouse where it will be used, etc.)
- Conduct monthly inventory “soft” closes to identify potential leakage of inventory. Investigate and identify root causes of leakage and initiate corrective actions
- Identify and share best practices in regards to inventory management, logistic, etc. with other NA Warehousing Team members. Implement best practices identified by others
Exceptional communication, time management, organization, detail and negotiation skills. Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel. Experience with SAP a plus. Must be able to successfully work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a professional, courteous, and helpful attitude.
Experience & Education
- Bachelor degree in Logistics or commensurate experience
- Minimum 5-7 years overall work experience in a manufacturing/warehousing/logistics organization.