Senior Director, Investor Relations
The Senior Director, Investor Relations maintains, develops, and improves investor relations between the organization and its shareholders, the investing public, and other members of the financial community, including financial analysts and institutional investors, to increase the value and marketability of the organization's stock. This role reports to the CFO while working closely with key senior executives of business units to synthesize information and develop the company's investor message.
- Develops and implements strategic investor relation plans directed at helping the company to achieve maximum value.
- Develops key investor relations materials in collaboration with senior leadership in preparation of analyst events, presentation, earnings releases and other public disclosures.
- Communicates with the executive leaders about regulatory and legal matters that concern the shareholders.
- Monitors operational changes through ongoing contacts with company management, and develops investor relations messages based on these changes.
- Organizes, prepares for and executes investor conferences and meetings, including scheduling, senior and executive leadership participation, developing appropriate materials, and all meeting logistics.
- Conducts industry and competitor research, monitors and reviews analyst models, reports, & forecast, and provides senior leadership with ongoing feedback from the investment community.
- Represents the views of the investor community to the management team in the development of corporate strategy.
- Establishes and maintains positive relationships with stock exchange representatives.
- Interacts with the investment community on behalf of the company.
- Along with CFO, serves as the primary interface between the company and investors.
- Performs a comprehensive competitive analysis, including financial metrics and differentiation.
- Develops and monitors performance metrics for the investor relations function.
- Manages the investor relations portion of the company website.
- May perform other duties as required.
- Strong track record in investor relations. Exposure collaborating with corporate communications and public relations are added value.
- Exceptional business and financial acumen; an in-depth understanding of the global capital markets, and knowledge of SEC regulations, reporting and disclosure requirements.
- An established reputation within the investment community, based on credibility, consistency, visibility, access, and depth and breadth of knowledge.
- Clear and thorough grasp of the financial modeling used by investment professionals to value a company's performance; particular strength in utilizing metrics to help articulate the business drivers.
- Demonstrated experience developing investor communications strategy and tactics, and making recommendations as it relates to new situations.
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience in sell-side research/banking for Manufacturing/Chemical companies or working in Investor Relations for a mid to large public multi-national company
- Excellent judgment, discretion and integrity
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to quickly build trust and rapport with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Strong executive presence and ability to interact with executive management
- Ability to analyze and propose solutions to complex communication issues
- A broad thinker, with an interest and ability to deliver views on operations, strategies and overall environment
- MBA or MS in Business, Finance, Economics, or Accounting required
Strong team player and able to work in a collaborative fashion with a variety of individuals; willingness to see the team succeed with a hands on approach; able to adapt to and operate effectively in a fast-paced environment