Senior Financial Accountant
The Senior Financial Accountant will support and be responsible for the accounting function for the UK and Ireland businesses, working closely with both Regional and Global controllership teams in driving controllership excellence across the function.
Core duties and responsibilities will be as follows, plus any other work that may be deemed relevant to the job:
- Support and maintain the accounts for the all UK & Ireland companies (Holding and Trading) in line with Local and US GAAP, implement strong controls, balance sheet reconciliations processes and follow up to closure of internal audit and SOX recommendations.
- Apply FRS knowledge to day to day accounting transactions to ensure compliance
- Preparation, timely completion and filing of all UK company statutory requirements including, but not limited to, statutory accounts, tax and VAT filings etc.
- Be the technical expert for the UK and Ireland accounting queries
- Drive and ensure compliance with all Group accounting policies
- Assess, develop, and implement required control/process enhancements to drive efficiency.
- Drive transformation of the transactional accounting activities to enable the UK & Ireland to reach an higher level of effectiveness, efficiency and control
- Submission of monthly accounts in a timely and efficient manner as required and working closely with overseas shared service centre
- Support the regional FP&A function as required ensuring meaningful analysis to business performance and insightful decision support information
- Build, work and maintain effective working relationships with all Corporate functions
- Build and maintain effective relationships with both Internal and External auditors as well as managing all audits in line with required deliverables and timetables
- Support M&A activity incorporating due diligence of acquisitions followed by integration and on-boarding
- Projects and other assigned duties as required.
The candidate is expected to meet the following criteria required to perform the role:
- Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA and Graduate/Post-Graduate Qualification in business related subject.
- Experience in a similar Finance/Accounting controlling role
- Knowledge of local regulatory and accounting regulations, i.e. statutory accounts experience
- Experience in managing internal and external audits, SOX and US GAAP preferred
- Expertise with financial systems and tools, SAP preferred
- Highly motivated and driven professional, able to manage multiple high priority projects simultaneously
- Executive presence and ability to drive results at all levels of the organisation
- Strong leadership skills and proven success in building a strong team
- Demonstrated strategic, management, analytical, and organisational skills
- Eye for detail, with hands on approach
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong compliance to company values & ethics
- Willingness to travel globally as required
- M&A experience preferred
People, Budget and Other Resources Accountable For:
- Provide independent and sound advice and guidance on accounting, tax and treasury matters
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all local and group policies
- Act as one of the major finance business partners