About your job
The main duties of this role are:
- Provide detailed, project specific, expert technical advice for customers specifying or using RIW Products
- Liaising and working together with the Sales Team to provide sectional drawings, CAD details, sketches and other project specific correspondence to ensure an excellent customer experience
- Qualification and progression of inbound opportunities via email and phone into sales leads. Sharing these leads with our network of distributor customers and specialist waterproofing contractor customers
Detailed Job Description
Your core duties and responsibilities will be as follows plus any other work that your Line Manager may deem relevant to your job:
- Develop business relationships with existing and potential customers which would be architects, engineers, contractors, developers and distributors.
- Manage customer enquiries from receipt through to progress (telephone & email) of a technical nature to the satisfaction of the customer and within a specified timescale.
- Develop excellent customer service through communications with our customers to pre-qualify all enquiries and establish requirements and identify whether an opportunity for RIW exists.
- Preparation of technical correspondence / reports, CAD drawings, sectional details and specifications.
- Building the pipeline for the Technical Advisors and offer appointment to visit customers in order to develop and secure the specification at the appropriate time
- Data accuracy in ensuring that all relevant information is recorded and kept up to date on the CRM System, setting activities and conducting ‘follow-up calls’ when appropriate
- Monitoring, developing and maintaining projects added to the CRM System whilst liaising with the Technical and Commercial departments and the appropriate Technical Advisor
- Working closely with the Technical Advisors to guarantee customer satisfaction
- Sending correspondence on behalf of the Technical Advisors following customer meetings when appropriate
- At all times promoting a positive and highly professional company image to the market place
- Updating and maintaining product literature, CAD drawings etc to ensure ongoing compliance with relevant industry standards
- Testing and trialling the RIW Products to ensure their ongoing suitability and performance
Skills, Experience and Education
The candidate is expected to meet the following criteria required to perform the role:
- Ability to understand and interpret technical concepts and principles in building construction
- Experience of using CAD
- Organised, task oriented and with good time management skills
- Enthusiastic and gregarious personality with an infectious telephone manner
- Professional and positive attitude to telecommunications and customer services
- Ability to ask questions, think laterally and have an eye for an opportunity
- Awareness of sales strategy