Teammate has strong process engineering and project management skills to drive continuous improvement initiatives including safety, product quality and consistency, cost, efficiency, and machine utilization performance.
- Optimize production processes by driving safety, quality & efficiency for the various manufacturing work cells and chemistries. Develop and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and process specifications as appropriate.
- Represent the operations group on all New Product Introduction (NPI) launches by partnering with R&D to scale-up formulas and develop manufacturing processes, equipment operation and work instructions.
- Lead/participate with the QC on CQV for Replacement in Kind (RIK) for process equipment and raw materials.
- Develop and implement action plans for continuous improvements. Develop procedures for the reduction of plant waste.
- Maintain capital expense planning, accounting, and funds requests for the facility.
- Perform risk assessments as needed with EHS. Support documentation for Management of Change (MOC)
- Demonstrate use of statistics methods such as SPC and process capability analysis (CpK and PpK), to analyze and reduce process variation in facilities.
- Monitor and investigate “Quality issues” and customer complaints as requested. Foster a culture of “Right First Time”. Interface frequently with the QC department on corrective actions at the plant and in the field.
- Partner with PLC programmers to design, maintain and troubleshoot plant operating system. Maintain plant recipes in plant floor PLC program.
- Managing with outside engineering assistance plant improvement project contractors. Cover after hour project work as needed.
- Support Weekend Manager/Supervisor rotation as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND/OR SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering and/or Chemistry.
- Preferred five to ten years of process/project engineering, and leadership experience in chemical manufacturing.
- Experience working in a hazardous/electrically classified environment.
- Prefer knowledge in Controls/PLC.
- Must be self-motivated and a self-starter.
- Experience in Statistical Process Control, DOE, PFEMA, and lean Six Sigma manufacturing methodologies.
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Strong office tool skills, including MS Office suite and statistical analysis tools like Minitab.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated teambuilding skills
Work is performed with minimal supervision and has significant latitude in determining work objectives and goals. Erroneous decisions and/or failure to get results may create safety hazards, cause serious delays or substantially increase costs, or result in poor employee or customer relationships.