Sales Representative, Building Envelope
This sales position is primarily focused in the NYC marketplace, but can include some overnight travel up to 25%.
- Aggressively seek and establish new customers in the NYC marketplace for the GCP Applied Technologies Waterproofing and Air Barrier product line.
- Grow existing and develop perspective accounts in assigned territory in accordance with company policies and programs.
- Successfully promote new growth products.
- Analyze customer’s needs and formulate solutions using all resources made available by the company.
- Prospect new projects to position GCP Applied Technologies Waterproofing and Air Barrier Systems by implementing planned sales strategies, company marketing programs, and delivering effective customer service.
- Learn about competitive products and marketing practices to determine how to compete against them, and inform internal marketing and management about them.
- Work closely as part of a regional sales team in the Northeast Region. Cooperates and assists fellow salespersons, sales managers, marketing personnel, customer service, manufacturing, and other company personnel.
- Heavy contractor sales calls as well architectural and engineering sales calls for specification positions.
- Assist customers on construction sites with requests such as pre-job meetings, application guidance and problem solving.
- Attend and participate in sales meetings, training programs, self-development programs, conventions, customer entertainment meetings, association meetings and trade shows.
- Two years minimum selling value-added products and/or experience in a construction related field.
- Exceptional sales orientation, comfortable with cold calling and ability to fill the pipeline with opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently meet customer expectations and work as part of a team.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to discuss business issues and propose appropriate product solutions.
- Maintain up to date records through computer systems (i.e. CRM).
- Strong negotiation and presentation skills.
Bachelor's degree required