Area Sales Manager BE Structures - London/Home Counties South
About GCP Applied Technologies
GCP Applied Technologies provides premier Specialty Construction Chemicals (SCC), Specialty Building Materials (SBM) for many of the world’s most renowned structures.
GCP Applied Technologies offers a wide range of innovative specialty construction chemicals and materials that includes: concrete admixtures and technologies and fibres, architectural concrete products, liquid pigments for coloured concrete, cement processing additives, concrete masonry products, air barriers, roofing under-layments, residential building materials, structural waterproofing systems, fire protection products, leak sealing and geo-grouting solutions and high strength structural grouts and mortars.
Your core duties and responsibilities will be as follows plus any other work that your Line Manager may deem relevant to your job:
- Visit building designers and combine technical experience and soft sales skills to promote and specify GCP products.
- Track these specified projects through the design process and value sell to the end user.
- Maximise market potential and develop an expanding end customer/client base in keeping with the company’s strategies, resulting in profitable sales.
- Achieve monthly budgeted sales target whilst observing the Company’s Commercial and Discount Policies
- Identify suitable new projects/opportunities/markets where a sales opportunity exists sufficient to maintain a regular flow of orders.
- Prepare offers, proposals and specifications, negotiate material prices working closely with contractors, as required to meet the client’s requirements/procurement procedures and set up the sale.
- Able to work across business functions to deliver PSA (Preferred Supplier Agreements) with large D&B contractors.
- Manage Area while working regional for national benefit on key accounts.
- Visit prospective clients in order to provide advice and solve customer’s problems, which correspond to our company’s offers
- Maintain up to date territory files including project and customer records using the Company’s Database System.
- Enter all activity data into the Company’s Database in accordance with the reporting procedures.
- Pass on market information details of competitor activity, client’s observations, ideas or requirements including one’s own ideas or proposals to their line manager.
- Is responsible for the prompt submission and correct disclosure of their business expenses and business mileage.
- Always operate in accordance with the terms and conditions defined within the company’s Policies and Procedures including any supplements such as the ‘Company Car Policy Handbook’.
- Carry out efficient and well-planned canvassing to maximise sales potential within the allocated territory.
- Always present a highly professional company image, operating to a high moral and legal code of conduct, presents oneself in a suitable business-like dress, appearance and behaviour at all times.
- Keep all necessary sales material and equipment in pristine condition and in good working order.
- Maintain sufficient stock of samples and literature as needed.
- Ensure that they have a thorough knowledge of all products which they are required to sell including a practical understanding of the applications, technical performance and sales features.
- Follow a contract through to ensure customer satisfaction using photography to capture applications of promotional interest and transfers these to the Company’s Digital Photo Storage Facility.
- Pass on complaints adopting the company’s Complaints or PIF procedure and make suggestions on how to rectify them to the line manager or colleague who is dealing with it to ensure a satisfactory conclusion.
- Contribute towards training sessions and sales meeting discussions to assist in the collation of market information required to maintain a successful sales strategy.
- Assist with exhibitions, seminars, presentations or other temporary activities not necessarily directly related with their normal daily work.
- Monthly submission of 3 Month rolling forecast by project/customer/product including probability.
The candidate is expected to meet the following criteria required to perform the role:
- The ideal candidate will have experience in Specification & Commercial selling with a proven track record in construction B2B sales
- Understanding of PSA and how these leveraged at large D&Bs. Ability to demonstrate previous success in this area a must.
- Professional building discipline degree preferred
- CSSW qualified preferred
- Key attributes associated with this role include being gregarious with excellent people skills, confident and competitive.
- Candidates should also be tenacious with excellent presentation skills.
- Candidates should be excited by the opportunity of joining an ambitious and expanding company, have the drive to succeed and a professional approach towards sales.
- Professional and mature attitude with an unflappable manner.
- Candidate should understand the need for complex local relationships and deepen the existing relationships built over many years by GCP
- Personable with excellent interpersonal skills
- A strong commercial awareness
- Proven strategic thinker able to feedback business trends and challenges to GCP
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work within several project teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Using systems: Salesforce, Showpad & SAP preferred.
- Full, preferably clean, UK driving license required