GCP Applied Technologies is a leading global provider of construction products technologies that include additives for cement and concrete, the VERIFI® in-transit concrete management system, high-performance waterproofing products, and specialty systems. GCP products have been used to build some of the world’s most renowned structures. With annual sales of $1 billion, GCP has about 2000 employees and operations in over 60 countries, with headquarters in Cambridge, MA. For more information, visit www.gcpat.com.
GCP is seeking full-time technicians to join our team at Cambridge MA to conduct research making innovative technologies that will enable the production of sustainable construction materials. GCP is an equal opportunity employer, offering a robust Benefits package including health, tuition reimbursement related to the field you are working and strong 401k plan.
To conduct mortar and concrete tests in the lab and in the field necessary to examine the properties of new and existing concrete admixtures.
- Schedules equipment use and test time required to complete work assignments.
- Under supervisor’s direction, performs work assignments according to established standard tests required for research, development, quality control and/or technical service.
- Performs mortar, concrete and fiber reinforced concrete tests and procedures according to established ASTM and in house methods.
- Participate in field tests
- Uses high-school level mathematics and science to complete work assignments.
- Prepares samples for laboratory evaluation and customer sampling.
- Operates and maintains simple lab/pilot plant apparatus/equipment.
- Recognizes deviation from usual testing or equipment operation and makes minor adjustments if appropriate and communicates the need for adjustments with supervisor and the equipment owners.
- Orders supplies, tools and equipment.
- Documents procedure, and records/compiles data and results in GCP laboratory notebook and computer.
Skills & Competencies:
- Familiar with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Makes simple mathematical calculations requiring some knowledge of chemical/engineering technology (basic statistical analysis such as average, standard deviation)
- Good oral and written communication skills (English)
- Operates and assists in maintenance of simple equipment
- Ability to handle physically demanding tasks (e.g., lifting, field testing in concrete plants)
- Ability to mix concrete and perform plastic concrete measurements
Education & Experience:
High School +1 year experience
- Tech AA +0 years
- ACI certified lab and field technician (optional)