Procurement and Supply Chain Coordinator
GCP Applied Technologies
GCP Applied Technologies provides premier Specialty Construction Chemicals (SCC), Specialty Building Materials (SBM) for many of the world’s most renowned structures.
The Procurement, Sourcing & Supply Chain Team strategically & tactically manages the purchasing of raw materials & packaging, incorporating logistics planning and administrative activities to ensure we meet the best Total Cost Of Ownership.
The Purchasing and Supply Chain Coordinator role is an important key activity in the implementation of determined sourcing strategies for the major material categories and the execution of tactical sourcing for locally sourced smaller spends. This role covers activity for both the Gateway Plant and the Widnes Plant. The role also covers, where appropriate, some support for local Indirect spends.
- Interpretation of demand planning requirements (MRP reporting), placing purchase orders with vendors and manage delivery confirmations, and expedite outstanding purchase orders to ensure delivery is on time.
- Manage import processes and supporting documentation, with effective communication with local custom authorities and internal stakeholders.
- Effective communications between operations as well as other local functions in terms of planning , security of supply, supporting inventory targets and DOH, supporting local/regional S&OP processes, and engaging with all key stakeholders and balance purchasing actions aligned with regional/global strategies. This includes attending daily Operational Planning meetings
- Use and maintain data in the relevant IT business management system for the purchasing organization (SAP-MM/SD).
- Maintain Approved Vendor List, for UK direct materials.
- Resolve invoice queries for raw materials & packaging
- Manage consignment stock reporting to vendors
- Support the Senior Buyer on achieving annual Productivity targets and ad hoc tasks when & as required
- SAP experience
- Intermediate/Advance Microsoft Office skills
- Self-starter and a quick learner
- Proactive, well-organized and the ability to work in an international and intercultural team environment
- Effective telephone calls
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal
Qualifications & Experience
- At least 1-2 years of purchasing/supply chain experience
- Ideally with proven experience within construction industry