Customer Service Representative
About GCP Applied Technologies
GCP Applied Technologies provides premier Specialty Construction Chemicals (SCC), Specialty Building Materials (SBM) for many of the world’s most renowned structures.
About your department / function
GCP Applied Technologies offers a wide range of innovative specialty construction chemicals and materials that includes: concrete admixtures and technologies and fibers, architectural concrete products, liquid pigments for colored concrete, cement processing additives, concrete masonry products, air barriers, roofing under-layments, residential building materials, structural waterproofing systems, fire protection products, leak sealing and geo-grouting solutions and high strength structural grouts and mortars.
About the role
- Provide a ‘Best in Class’ level of customer service and maximize sales by:-
- Responding to first line telephone and written enquiries in respect of product selection, intermediate level technical advice, price, availability and delivery.
- Liaising with Sales, Order Fulfillment and Production to ensure excellent level of service is provided.
- Liaising with customers and Accounts Receivable in the credit collection process.
Detailed Job Description
Core duties and responsibilities will be as follows plus any other work that your Line Manager may deem relevant to your job:
- Primary contact with customer regarding order requirements.
- Create quotations in SAP.
- Enter order into SAP. If applicable making reference to the quotation, for both domestic and export.
- Add freight charges to the order.
- Determine the level of discount required for each project and product.
- Send OA to the customer
- Liaise with Production, Warehouse, Order Fulfilment and Sales regarding availability of product and possible delivery time.
- Check stock in SAP.
- Maintain the Logistics calendar.
- Calculate the carriage costs of each order.
- Liaise with sales/Tech services regarding product suitability when required.
- Liaise with Account Receivable concerning orders on credit hold and help resolve any issues relating to overdues.
- Create invoices the day the goods leave the warehouse.
- Manage FOC/samples. Obtain approval following DOA.
- Obtain written approval for any price changes entered on the sales order. Follow DOA.
- Attach any correspondence i.e. customer PO, price approval email to the sales order.
- Manage customer returns through the GRN process.
- Create credit notes related to price, quantity, returned goods, wrong payer details etc following the DOA.
- Create debit notes related to price, quantity, wrong payer details etc.
- Create rebate credit notes following the DOA.
- Manage month end/quarter end. Ensure first line dates are accurate and maintained.
- Create/maintain customer master data (limited users).
- Handle low level technical enquiries.
- Send MSDS, product and technical data to the customer when required.
- Manage customer complaints.
Skills, Experience and Education
The candidate is expected to meet the following criteria required to perform the role:
- Two to four years of customer service experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications including Excel, Word and Internet Explorer. SAP advantageous.
- Highly professional and service-orientated telephone manner with ability to liaise with customer and employees at all levels.
- Must be able to successfully work in a fast paced environment while maintaining a professional, courteous, and helpful attitude
- Possess exceptional administration, organizational, problem solving, interpersonal and communication skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Analytical ability and good judgement – able to follow an analytical line of questioning to establish the nature of a customer enquiry and determine the best follow-up action for the customer and GCP Applied Technologies UK Ltd.
- Team player. Self-motivated. Ability to co-ordinate multiple skills and prioritise.