Architectural Sales Rep
Design Advantage, Sales Reps are the leaders in GCP Applied Technologies who ensure our success on major projects both in North America and around the world.
Design Advantage, Sales Rep lead the promotion and customer technical consultation for GCP Applied Technology’s products with major architecture, engineering and consulting firms resulting in strong specifications on premier projects around the world. The Project Manager also follows these specifications through the bidding phase and coordinates the needed GCP resources to present our value proposition to the needed general contractors and applicators ensuring specifications result in revenue for the company.
Specifications: Identify large local and international construction projects and map project-team members. Employ consultative selling techniques actively pursuing largest and highest probability projects driving revenue growth to meet current operating targets. Develop a deep qualified pipeline of specifications and opportunities for future years.
Target Account Relationships: Within the set geographic area of responsibility, target major specifying and/or contracting firms actively working on large projects, identify key contact(s) and develop relationships to gain long-term preference for GCP products. Use local and international marketing sources, e.g. ENR top 200 International Design Firms list and GCP’s CRM database to qualify accounts.
Closing Projects: Promote GCP’s value propositions across decision makers, including general contractors, to maximize GCP’s success rate and revenue per project. Engage and collaborate with additional GCP peers/resources in destination markets to ensure GCP successfully wins specified projects.
Project tracking and management reporting with GCP’s CRM: Actively use and maintain GCP’s customer relationship management (CRM) tool to communicate with peers, track projects and report to management.
Personal Development & Training: Meet all training objectives for the year, including education across product lines (beyond initial area of expertise), act as mentor for peers in group and increase knowledge of local and global markets.
Skills & Competencies:
- Ability to understand and technically communicate value propositions of high-performance solutions
- Excellent presentation skills to individuals and groups
- Ability to socialize and network with industry professionals
- Proven track record of dealing with senior executives and influence of key decision makers
- Proven abilities in account prospecting and overcoming “Gate Keepers”
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently and remotely
- Knowledge of the construction industry, and the construction procurement process from design to execution
- Ability to read construction drawings
- Organizational ability to manage large, complex projects with various products and value propositions across the range of influencers
- Quickly assimilate of technical information
- Proficient in Windows, Word, Excel & Outlook
- Prior experience with a CRM program
Experience & Education:
Minimum 5 years proven success in consultative or specification selling, in the construction industry preferably with waterproofing/building envelope products
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in business, architecture, engineering or other technical field
- Civil/structural engineering, or architectural professional qualification preferred