The primary objective is to secure strong RIW specifications with Architects / Structural Engineers and promote the RIW Brand, products and services throughout the territory.
- Generating RIW specifications
- Promoting RIW brand awareness, products and services through face to face meetings with Architects, Structural Engineers and Contractors
- Identifying and targeting key specifiers / decision makers in the territory
- Planning and preparing full and productive days in the field
- Providing key specifiers with technically sound advice on structural waterproofing solutions
- Participation in the undertaking of technical seminars to promote RIW product range & services.
- Presenting a highly professional company and personal image to the customer at all times.
- Deliver agreed monthly key performance targets, as briefly outlined below:
- Generation of at least four new RIW specifications per week
- Full and productive days (target 14 productive meetings per week in the field)
- Quality and sales value of the new RIW specifications
- Prioritisation and effective use of leads
- Planning and preparation and effectiveness of territory management
- Demonstrate team collaboration, work planning and development
Essential Knowledge, skills and experience
- Proven experience of ability to understand technical concepts and waterproofing principles in building construction
- Demonstrated ability to read and understand construction drawings and specifications
- Proven ability to understand and communicate building construction techniques, waterproofing principles, British Standards, architectural drawings, specifications and identify where a sales opportunity exists is essential.
- Excellent communication skills including written correspondence
- Proven ability to ask questions, think laterally and have an eye for an opportunity
- Organised and task oriented
- Good territory and time management skills
- Professional and positive attitude to customer services
- Awareness of and compliance with sales and marketing strategies
- Computer literacy
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative manner and develop strong working relationships with internal / external clients, GCP people and matrix partners.
- Proven track record and strong business acumen to understand and anticipate the needs of the business.
- Excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills
- If from a technical discipline, some sales or commercial experience preferred
- CSSW qualification or similar is desirable but not essential
- 2 years’ experience selling a technical building product is desirable but not essential
- Target Driven environment
- Team culture
- We achieve sales through a technically biased, best in class service offer to our customers
- RIW are the ‘problem-solvers’ of the waterproofing industry, we pride ourselves on acquiring and retaining customers by providing a very strong technical service to designers across all sectors and project size.
The job summary has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the job holder within this classification.
It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of people assigned to this job.