Supply Chain Optimization Analyst
The Supply Chain Optimization Analyst is part of the GCP Planning and Logistics team and will work under limited oversight in conducting complex activities across both regional and cross-functional teams and manage multiple projects and priorities at the same time. The purpose of this role is to provide fact-based analysis to improve performance across our supply chains and support growth in our business. The position will conduct analysis for various projects focused on cost savings, revenue growth, and/or supply chain efficiency opportunities, deliver recommendations for action to leadership and develop implementation plans for approved recommendations. This includes: holistic assessment considering internal and external perspectives and clear breakdown of risks and benefits to support the decision-making processes. The Senior Supply Chain Optimization Analyst may conduct analysis based on the complexity and scope of the problem through Excel models, Llamasoft Supply Chain Guru network optimization software, and Tableau reporting tools to improve the performance of our supply chains. Strong business and financial acumen and technical skills are critical for success in this role.
NETWORK DESIGN & OPTIMIZATION
- Assume primary responsibility to build models for network design and optimization work on various supply chain optimization projects across the business. These efforts can range in size and complexity, but would primarily be focused on optimizing supply networks, optimizing utilization of manufacturing plants and warehouses to lower supply chain costs, selecting site locations for new warehouses, leveraging or consolidating external manufacturers, and other such projects requiring supply chain optimization capabilities.
- Responsible for scoping, organizing resources, setting expectations, data gathering, conducting analysis and mobilizing cross-functional stakeholders to action against specific project goals.
- Conduct the report out of recommendations of more complex network design and optimization work to leadership.
CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT AND PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- In partnership with cross functional team including manufacturing, logistics and planning, sales/marketing, customer service, procurement and finance develop the implementation plans for execution of the supply chain optimization initiatives. Determine metrics and track the success of implementation of projects.
- Develop and lead global project ideation for building and maintaining project hopper of opportunities focusing on optimizing utilization of manufacturing plants and warehouses to lower supply chain costs, selecting site locations for new warehouses, leveraging or consolidating external manufacturers
- University Degree in Supply Chain Management, Finance, Engineering, or Business
- 6 years of relevant business experience
- At least 3 years’ experience in Supply Chain Planning, Finance, or Operations
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft tools (Excel, Access and Power Point)
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills; especially in the area of building Excel or Llamasoft models to solve complex problems
- Strong business and financial acumen including building business cases for capital projects or other large expense projects
- Demonstrated strong communication and presentation skills
- Good relationship building skills; effectively builds trust across work groups
- Able to lead amidst ambiguity and change; able to influence without direct line authority
- Able to think strategically and help align supply chain analysis to business strategy
- Self-motivation and high accountability with ability to make sound decisions with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated strong project management skills with track record to successfully implement projects to achieve financial results
- Prior experience with network design and optimization software (examples: Llamasoft, Oracle SNO, or LogicNet Plus)
- Prior work with Tableau or PowerBI to visualize and present results of analysis
- SAP Experience
- APICS certification