Senior Scientist, Building Envelope
The R&D Senior Scientist will be responsible for developing waterproofing membranes for building materials which are in line with the business strategies and growth of GCP's business.
The R&D Senior Scientist must have a strong track record of technology and product development areas. This position will be required to have a broad base of knowledge and experience in polyolefins like polyethylene, polypropylene and PET along with processing, structure -property relationships and surface science. The ideal candidate will be able to work with an interdisciplinary team and provide formulation, processing and analytical expertise on a wide variety of materials e.g. adhesives, coatings, films. The research scientist should have both a sound fundamental and experiential knowledge of polyolefin films.
The chosen candidate will design and conduct independent research to (1) develop new products and (2) evaluate, improve the performance, decrease the cost of existing products, and (3) scale-up products to manufacturing. Manage all technical aspects of new product development, including assessment and evaluation of new ideas, development and testing of prototypes, and field testing, identify opportunities for the development of technologies for the benefit of the building envelope product line, working with the global research team. The job requires knowledge and expertise in polyolefins- formulation, manufacturing, testing, designing waterproofing based products. Having knowledge of current industry research in the field is highly desirable.
- Experience in lab environment with knowledge of various Industry standard testing methods
- Experience with polyolefin films.
- Team player and action oriented
- Project management skills with demonstrated track record of successful new product development
- Track record of high scientific achievement (patents, articles, presentations)
- Good communication skills (oral and written)
- Experience in construction industry a plus
Required Education and Experience
MS/ PhD and relevant industry experience