Job Type: Full-Time (32 hours weekly)
The Gateway to Your Future
If you lead with passion for people and service, then we’ve got an amazing opportunity for you! At the heart of the casino, you’ll mentor your team to ensure the smooth functioning of cashiering activities and promote a flawless guest experience!
- Full benefits package for full-time employees
- Retirement savings plan
- Exciting, supportive and fun work environment
- Family and friends discounts on travel, tech, food, beverage, and fitness
- Development and training opportunities
A Great Fit, if You
- Are dynamic, energetic, and can bring out the best from your team
- Are keen on details, can calculate numbers with precision, and work well with computers
- Take initiative to resolve issues and are punctual, reliable and diligent in everything you do
- Understand cashier operations, manage your time well, and juggle multiple tasks
- Are a night owl and benefit from working flexible hours, evenings, and weekends
- Supervises cashiering activities and cage operations; manages the performance of Cashiers through training, coaching, and feedback
- Ensures the integrity and accuracy of cage transactions and oversees large cash transaction procedures
- Verifies cashier opening and closing floats, authorizes cage transactions, reconciles chip and vault inventories, monitors cash and coin levels and requests bank orders
- Ensures a safe and well-organized department and oversees cage equipment maintenance
- Completes reports, investigations, periodic audits and reconciliations
- Manages process to deal with found money, postponed jackpots, unclaimed prizes
What You Bring
- 2 years of supervisory work experience or an equivalent combination of education, and experience preferred
- 1 year of experience as a casino Cashier preferred
- Supervisory/management/leadership training an asset
- Experience handling and balancing large amounts of cash with accuracy
- Good manual dexterity and ability to kneel and crouch
- Ability to pull, lift, and carry objects up to 35 lbs, and may push, pull or move a heavy cart
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Completion of courses/training required by regulators
- Ability to operate and troubleshoot cage machines
Why Work With Us?
Gateway celebrates and empowers our team members, who make it all possible. A career at Gateway means working with great people, being recognized for your unique contribution and career advancement opportunities across our 27 locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs while working in a dynamic and fun environment. See for yourself what it’s like to be on a team that values your vision, skill and energy.
Get to Know Gateway
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited (“Gateway”) is one of the largest and most diversified gaming and entertainment companies in Canada. Across its 27 gaming properties in British Columbia, Ontario and Edmonton, Alberta, Gateway currently employs approximately 8,648 people and boasts approximately 448 table games (including 49 poker tables), 13,887 slots, 85 restaurants and bars and 561 hotel rooms. Gateway is the service provider for the Central, Southwest and North gaming Bundles in Ontario, which includes 11 properties in their portfolio. A multi-pronged growth strategy has seen Gateway diversify and expand its product offering, including developing proprietary casino and restaurant brands, dramatically improving the gaming customer experience while attracting new customers. Some of Gateway's proprietary brands include Match Eatery & Public House, Atlas Steak + Fish and the new Halley's Club. In 2017, Gateway celebrated 25 years in the business of gaming and entertainment in Canada. Further information is available at www.gatewaycasinos.com.
Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages!
Gateway is a proud equal opportunity employer and dedicates itself to Respect, Integrity, Team-Work and Exceptional Customer Service. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free candidate experience and work environment. If you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.