Data Warehouse Developer
Job Type: Full-Time
The Gateway to Your Future
This dynamic role calls for an engaged professional with a solid track record, business acumen and problem-solving skills to enhance customer loyalty.
The Data Warehouse Developer is responsible for planning, designing, building, testing and maintaining the data warehouse/data analytics environment. It is also responsible for developing the skills necessary to maintain reporting applications.
- Full benefits package for full-time employees
- Retirement savings plan
- Exciting, supportive and fun work environment
- Family and friends discounts on travel, tech, food, beverage, and fitness
- Development and training opportunities
- Designs and implements necessary data warehouse changes. Solid understanding of dimension data modeling, On-line Analytical Processing (OLAP) and Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) concepts to support business definitions scalability and usability of the front end solution.
- Design, develop, and deploy ETL processes to support a variety of business needs.
- Develop detailed technical specifications and ETL documentation.
- Collaborate in planning, designing, developing and deploying new data warehouses/BI applications, and enhancements to existing applications.
- Work with the Business Analyst to identify business requirements and evaluate data availability to ensure reporting goals are achieved.
- Assist the BI Developer with data mapping from warehouse tables to the BI database layer, and from the business layer to the presentation layer.
What You Bring
- 3+ years of relevant experience and/or equivalent combination of related education and experience
- Post-secondary diploma/degree in Computer Science/Business preferred
- 3+ years of experience in database administration (MS SQL Server preferred)
- 3+ years of experience working with MS BI Stack (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS)
- Experience with SQL performance tuning and in data warehousing environment
- Strong knowledge of dimensional data modeling
- Strong expertise in SQL/PLSQL
- Experience in gathering business requirements and developing technical specifications
- Strong analytical and technical aptitude
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with colleagues and external contacts to meet operational and departmental objectives
- Solid customer service skills including the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse customer group
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Ability to plan, organize, and effectively manage multiple priorities and demands
- Detail oriented, resourceful, and efficient
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, presentation programs, email and web browsers
Why Work With Us?
Gateway celebrates and empowers our team members, who make it all possible. A career at Gateway means working with great people, being recognized for your unique contribution and career advancement opportunities across our 27 locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs while working in a dynamic and fun environment. See for yourself what it?s like to be on a team that values your vision, skill and energy.
Get to Know Gateway
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited (?Gateway?) is one of the largest and most diversified gaming and entertainment companies in Canada. Across its 27 gaming properties in British Columbia, Ontario and Edmonton, Alberta, Gateway currently employs approximately 8,648 people and boasts approximately 448 table games (including 49 poker tables), 13,887 slots, 85 restaurants and bars and 561 hotel rooms. Gateway is the service provider for the Central, Southwest and North gaming Bundles in Ontario, which includes 11 properties in their portfolio. A multi-pronged growth strategy has seen Gateway diversify and expand its product offering, including developing proprietary casino and restaurant brands, dramatically improving the gaming customer experience while attracting new customers. Some of Gateway's proprietary brands include Match Eatery & Public House, Atlas Steak + Fish and the new Halley's Club. In 2017, Gateway celebrated 25 years in the business of gaming and entertainment in Canada. Further information is available at www.gatewaycasinos.com.
Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages!
Gateway is a proud equal opportunity employer and dedicates itself to Respect, Integrity, Team-Work and Exceptional Customer Service. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free candidate experience and work environment. If you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.