Business Financial Analyst
Job Type: Full-Time
The Gateway to Your Future
The Business Financial Analyst provides support to the company’s strategic and operational projects from the financial and business analysis perspective in collaboration with various teams such as Operations, Development, Marketing, and Finance.
- Full benefits package for full-time employees
- Retirement savings plan
- Exciting, supportive and fun work environment
- Family and friends discounts on travel, tech, food, beverage, and fitness
- Development and training opportunities
- Collection of data from various sources and preparation of datasets for the team projects
- Quantitative analysis of operational initiatives (revenue, direct costs, labour costs, overheads)
- Financial analysis of operational and strategic business cases (growth initiatives, operational efficiency, market studies)
- Support of direct marketing campaigns
- Additional responsibilities and special projects varying in length and complexity as required
- 3+ years of experience in financial analysis and business analysis
- Post-secondary education in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business or a related field
- Enrollment in CFA or CPA is an asset
- Analytical skills and ability to support business decision making with quantitative analysis
- Ability to analyze and interpret statistical, business and financial information
- Proven experience in building financial models in Excel
- Proficiency in processing large datasets of structured and unstructured data
- In-depth knowledge of MS Excel, including pivot tables, lookups, and logic-based formulas
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with IBM Cognos BI is an asset
- Basic knowledge of SQL and understanding of data warehousing concepts is an asset
- Quick learner, ability to gain understanding of new concepts master new skills
- Strong attention to details and continuous improvement skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate financial information to non-financial fluent people
- Ability to manage multiple projects while coping with competing priorities
- Understanding of hospitality industry and casino environment is an asset
Why Work With Us?
Gateway celebrates and empowers our team members, who make it all possible. A career at Gateway means working with great people, being recognized for your unique contribution and career advancement opportunities across our 27 locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs while working in a dynamic and fun environment. See for yourself what it?s like to be on a team that values your vision, skill and energy.
Get to Know Gateway
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited (Gateway) is one of the largest and most diversified gaming and entertainment companies in Canada. Across its 27 gaming properties in British Columbia, Ontario and Edmonton, Alberta, Gateway currently employs approximately 8,648 people and boasts approximately 448 table games (including 49 poker tables), 13,887 slots, 85 restaurants and bars and 561 hotel rooms. Gateway is the service provider for the Central, Southwest and North gaming Bundles in Ontario, which includes 11 properties in their portfolio. A multi-pronged growth strategy has seen Gateway diversify and expand its product offering, including developing proprietary casino and restaurant brands, dramatically improving the gaming customer experience while attracting new customers. Some of Gateway's proprietary brands include Match Eatery & Public House, Atlas Steak + Fish and the new Halley's Club. In 2017, Gateway celebrated 25 years in the business of gaming and entertainment in Canada. Further information is available at www.gatewaycasinos.com.
Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages!
Gateway is a proud equal opportunity employer and dedicates itself to Respect, Integrity, Team-Work and Exceptional Customer Service. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free candidate experience and work environment. If you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.