Count Team Supervisor
Job Type: Casual / Relief
The Gateway to Your Future
The Count Team Supervisor plays crucial roles in managing operations and supervising a team of staff. In this dynamic supervisory position, you are the backbone of the Count Room, guiding a team of staff and maintain the integrity of currency and chips counting derived from casino games, as well as ensuring compliance with Gaming Commission regulations. You will oversee the Count Room and gaming floor drop process, managing the count team?s strategy, daily operations, and delivering exceptional experiences for guests and team members alike.
- Full benefits package for full-time employees
- Retirement savings plan
- Exciting, supportive and fun work environment
- Family and friends discounts on travel, tech, food, beverage, and fitness
- Development and training opportunities
- Ensure our core values, property, and department standards are implemented and applied.
- Participate in short and long-term departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Create a motivating environment and monitor and evaluate operational effectiveness and identify key drivers of success.
- Supervise daily activities to maintain departmental performance, and the accuracy, confidentiality, and thoroughness of departmental policies and procedures, records, and reports.
- Support the management and performance of team members.
- Support hiring, performance management, and employee engagement within the Count Team department.
- Count and confirm monies collected from slot machines, poker tables, and vending machines.
- Prepare daily deposits for slots, lotteries, food and beverage, and table games.
What You Bring
- Two years of experience in a management role.
- Leadership experience in the hospitality, customer service, or food and beverage industry preferred.
- Post-secondary education in business, commerce, hospitality, or related field.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven managerial, problem solving, and critical thinking skills with the ability to exercise independent judgment within established policies.
- Ability to respond calmly and make rational decisions in stressful situations with co-workers, guests, and vendors.
- Adept at Microsoft Office applications.
- A willingness to work reasonable overtime as required.
- The ability to obtain registration with either the BCLC, AGLC or AGCO (based on province).
- Strong manual dexterity to accurately handle cash, tickets, and poker chips.
Why Work With Us?
Gateway celebrates and empowers our team members, who make it all possible. A career at Gateway means working with great people, being recognized for your unique contribution and career advancement opportunities across our 27 locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs while working in a dynamic and fun environment. See for yourself what it?s like to be on a team that values your vision, skill and energy.
Get to Know Gateway
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited (?Gateway?) is one of the largest and most diversified gaming and entertainment companies in Canada. Across its 27 gaming properties in British Columbia, Ontario and Edmonton, Alberta, Gateway currently employs approximately 8,648 people and boasts approximately 448 table games (including 49 poker tables), 13,887 slots, 85 restaurants and bars and 561 hotel rooms. Gateway is the service provider for the Central, Southwest and North gaming Bundles in Ontario, which includes 11 properties in their portfolio. A multi-pronged growth strategy has seen Gateway diversify and expand its product offering, including developing proprietary casino and restaurant brands, dramatically improving the gaming customer experience while attracting new customers. Some of Gateway's proprietary brands include Match Eatery & Public House, Atlas Steak + Fish and the new Halley's Club. In 2017, Gateway celebrated 25 years in the business of gaming and entertainment in Canada. Further information is available at www.gatewaycasinos.com.
Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages!
Gateway is a proud equal opportunity employer and dedicates itself to Respect, Integrity, Team-Work and Exceptional Customer Service. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free candidate experience and work environment. If you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.