Human Resources Coordinator
Job Type: Full-Time
The Gateway to Your Future
you're a supportive team player who wants to work in an action-packed and exciting industry. The HR Coordinator helps foster and support Gateway?s most valuable asset ? our people.
As a critical member of the HR team, you help with talent acquisition, develop new team members and maintain staff information. Your administrative support is integral to the success of the HR department, ensuring smooth and effective operations for our valued staff.
- Full benefits package for full-time employees
- Retirement savings plan
- Exciting, supportive and fun work environment
- Family and friends discounts on travel, tech, food, beverage, and fitness
- Development and training opportunities
- Assist with new hire training and help in providing training and support.
- Sort, file, manage and distribute incoming and outgoing HR mail/paperwork.
- Manage the requisition process for all assigned job openings by searching out candidates and reviewing applications/resumes
- Coordinates training and scheduling of new team members with department managers.
- Stays updated on employment law issues.
- Help the HR Team with various research projects and/or special projects.
What You Bring
- Diploma or degree in human resources and two to five years of related human resources experience and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Professional demeanour and razor-sharp interpersonal skills.
- Solid writing skills, efficient multitasker and detail-oriented.
- Exceptional people skills and refined understanding of labour laws and standards.
- Readily answer team member requests, questions and concerns.
- A solution-driven personality who thrives while helping staff meet their goals.
- Insight and skills related to talent acquisition.
- Minimum of two years experience in Human Resources.
- Experience with MS Office, particularly Excel.
Why Work With Us?
Gateway celebrates and empowers our team members, who make it all possible. A career at Gateway means working with great people, being recognized for your unique contribution and career advancement opportunities across our 27 locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs while working in a dynamic and fun environment. See for yourself what it's like to be on a team that values your vision, skill and energy.
Get to Know Gateway
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited (?Gateway?) is one of the largest and most diversified gaming and entertainment companies in Canada. Across its 27 gaming properties in British Columbia, Ontario and Edmonton, Alberta, Gateway currently employs approximately 8,648 people and boasts approximately 448 table games (including 49 poker tables), 13,887 slots, 85 restaurants and bars and 561 hotel rooms. Gateway is the service provider for the Central, Southwest and North gaming Bundles in Ontario, which includes 11 properties in their portfolio. A multi-pronged growth strategy has seen Gateway diversify and expand its product offering, including developing proprietary casino and restaurant brands, dramatically improving the gaming customer experience while attracting new customers. Some of Gateway's proprietary brands include Match Eatery & Public House, Atlas Steak + Fish and the new Halley's Club. In 2017, Gateway celebrated 25 years in the business of gaming and entertainment in Canada. Further information is available at www.gatewaycasinos.com.
Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages!
Gateway is a proud equal opportunity employer and dedicates itself to Respect, Integrity, Team-Work and Exceptional Customer Service. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free candidate experience and work environment. If you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.