Job Type: Relief Surveillance Operator
Who We Are
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited (“Gateway”) is one of the largest and most diversified gaming and entertainment companies in Canada. Across its 27 gaming properties in British Columbia, Ontario and Edmonton, Alberta, Gateway currently employs approximately 8,648 people and boasts approximately 448 table games (including 49 poker tables), 13,887 slots, 85 restaurants and bars and 561 hotel rooms. Gateway is the service provider for the Central, Southwest and North gaming Bundles in Ontario, which includes 11 properties in their portfolio. A multi-pronged growth strategy has seen Gateway diversify and expand its product offering, including developing proprietary casino and restaurant brands, dramatically improving the gaming customer experience while attracting new customers. Some of Gateway's proprietary brands include Match Eatery & Public House, Atlas Steak + Fish and the new Halley’s Club. In 2017, Gateway celebrated 25 years in the business of gaming and entertainment in Canada. Further information is available at www.gatewaycasinos.com.
Why Work For Us
Gateway celebrates and empowers those employees who made it all possible. A career at Gateway means great people, a great atmosphere and career advancement opportunities across our 26 locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs for all while working in an engaging and fun environment. Join us today!
As the eyes of the casino, you will ensure the security of customers, staff, and assets by maintaining continuous surveillance of gaming areas and the entire property.
A Great Fit, if You
- Are reliable, diligent, and have a high level of integrity
- Are self-motivated and contribute positively to a team environment
- Are meticulous in all areas of your duties and work well with computers
- Are confident with your judgment, can clearly convey your findings in writing
- Benefit from working flexible hours, evenings, and weekends
- Uses audio and video equipment to maintain continuous surveillance of all gaming areas and property; identifies, records, documents and reports unusual or suspicious activities
- Identifies fraud and takes the appropriate action required by law and company policy; monitors compliance and protect company assets and gaming integrity
- Maintains detailed and accurate logs; gathers and submits information for detailed reporting; assists with investigations
What You’ll Require
- Casino surveillance experience is an asset
- Experience using surveillance equipment and software is an asset
- Professional knowledge of table games is an asset
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Ability to work in a dimmed, enclosed and controlled room and in close proximity to colleagues
- Good close, mid-range and color vision with the ability to focus on a computer screen for long periods of time
What Is Next
Love what you see so far? For the best chance to hear from us, apply within 30 days of the posting date.
Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages!