Director, Information Technology
Job Type: Full-Time
The Gateway to Your Future
This position plays a key role in designing, building, implementing and managing an IT system for the Ontario operations that will integrate with corporate IT as well as Clients and third party systems. This includes the effective planning, organization and operation of information technology (IT) services and support across the organization in alignment with corporate IT strategies. This role will assist senior management with the direction and facilitation of IT strategic and tactical planning, identifying, selecting and deploying technology resources that will support corporate goals and objectives.
- Full benefits package for full-time employees
- Retirement savings plan
- Exciting, supportive and fun work environment
- Family and friends discounts on travel, tech, food, beverage, and fitness
- Development and training opportunities
- Leads the design and operations of IT services, support and infrastructure for the Ontario Operations as well as the integration with corporate IT systems.
- Oversees project management for IT-related undertakings, including needs analysis, milestone planning, implementation and change management as well as project follow up.
- Develops and manages the IT budget for Ontario.
- Identifies opportunities and recommends IT solutions that will enhance or improve current business processes.
- Researches, designs, and implements the appropriate technologies to support and improve corporate communications and end-user productivity.
- Liaises between users, operations, and external IT consultants in the areas of systems design, modifications or trouble shooting.
- Creates, maintains, and enforces standards/procedures for implementing technical solutions on new and existing applications.
- Conducts capacity planning and ensures security compliance.
- Fosters teamwork, positive employee morale, motivation and open communication within the IT Department.
- Stays informed on new or emerging trends and technologies that provide clear benefits to the organization, business partners, and/or customers.
- Oversees first-level troubleshooting of the Gaming Management System (GMS) in coordination with the third party provider.
- Maintains and manages the regional network and phone system as well as other systems such as Point-Of-Sales and Lodging Management System.
- Establishes and enforces all regional IT policies and security in consultation with corporate Gateway IT.
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
- 8+ years of IT management work experience
- Highly effective project management skills
- Advanced overall knowledge of networking, operating system, and server architectures
- Good overall knowledge of programming concepts, software development cycles, and associated tools and platforms
- Proficiency with Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), firewalls, encryption, and other aspects of network security technologies
- Ability to explain and present technical concepts and theories to non-technical audiences
- High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability
- Strong negotiation and prioritization skills
- Effective interpersonal skills with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Knowledge of applicable IT laws, policies and regulations
- Strong experience or knowledge of managing budgets for an IT department
Why Work With Us?
Gateway celebrates and empowers our team members, who make it all possible. A career at Gateway means working with great people, being recognized for your unique contribution and career advancement opportunities across our 27 locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs while working in a dynamic and fun environment. See for yourself what it's like to be on a team that values your vision, skill and energy.
Get to Know Gateway
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited (Gateway) is one of the largest and most diversified gaming and entertainment companies in Canada. Across its 27 gaming properties in British Columbia, Ontario and Edmonton, Alberta, Gateway currently employs approximately 8,648 people and boasts approximately 448 table games (including 49 poker tables), 13,887 slots, 85 restaurants and bars and 561 hotel rooms. Gateway is the service provider for the Central, Southwest and North gaming Bundles in Ontario, which includes 11 properties in their portfolio. A multi-pronged growth strategy has seen Gateway diversify and expand its product offering, including developing proprietary casino and restaurant brands, dramatically improving the gaming customer experience while attracting new customers. Some of Gateway's proprietary brands include Match Eatery & Public House, Atlas Steak + Fish and the new Halley's Club. In 2017, Gateway celebrated 25 years in the business of gaming and entertainment in Canada. Further information is available at www.gatewaycasinos.com.
Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages!
Gateway is a proud equal opportunity employer and dedicates itself to Respect, Integrity, Team-Work and Exceptional Customer Service. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free candidate experience and work environment. If you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.