Project Coordinator, Property Development
Job Type: Full-Time
The Gateway to Your Future
The Project Coordinator will take the lead on small construction and renovation projects, and assist the Project Managers on large-scale projects throughout the full life cycle of projects from initiation to closeout, ensuring that projects are completed on time, under budget and delivered to the highest quality. This position can be located everywhere in BC or ON.
- Full benefits package for full-time employees
- Retirement savings plan
- Exciting, supportive and fun work environment
- Family and friends discounts on travel, tech, food, beverage, and fitness
- Development and training opportunities
- Acts as key contributor within the project team tasked with delivering major projects on time, on budget and on scope.
- Establishes a Project Charter for each approved project; establishes and delivers mechanisms for tracking and reporting to stakeholders via a formal communications plan.
- Plans all project timelines, phases and milestones, using the appropriate software tools and project management methods.
- Ensures projects are completed in full compliance with guideline and building codes, and meet all health and safety regulations.
- Short-lists, negotiates with and selects project consultants including, but not limited to Architects, Interior Designers, Landscape Architects, Food & Beverage Consultants, Signage Consultants and Procurement Agents for all projects through a competitive RFP process.
- Coordinates various consultant works and deliverables.
- Through coordination and communication with the project managers ensures all project related design consultants adhere to contractual obligations during project delivery.
- Coordinates the preparation, submission, tracking and securing of permits for assigned projects.
- Coordinates the tender/bidding program, reviews and provides recommendations to the Director and Vice President on all bid summaries.
- Coordinates the total construction effort to ensure projects are proceeding in accordance with design, budget and schedule.
- Assists in the selection and management of any required sub-trades for a project and manages internal or external contractors or trades.
- Reviews and comments on construction related documents in collaboration with consultants.
- Conducts project reviews and debriefs in order to identify areas for improvement; makes recommendations based on findings.
- Coordinates the approval of all project purchase requisitions, change requests, etc. as permitted.
- Tracks progress of each project against objectives, approved budget, and timelines.
What You Bring
- Engineering or construction management degree, technologist or architect preferred.
- +3 years of related development and construction project management experience.
- Experience managing commercial projects (Hotels, Restaurants and/or Casinos) is an asset.
- Experience in coordinating various forms of engineering and construction contracts is an asset.
- PMP certification is an asset.
- Proficient with MS Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Experience with CAD software is an asset.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Project lifecycle is mandatory.
- Ability to analyze monthly financial statements, prepare detailed budgets, cash flows and generate forecasts.
- Ability to prioritize and balance workload (projects vs. portfolio management), having a holistic view of the Property Development project pipeline.
- A comprehensive knowledge of applicable Forms of Construction Contracts, their application and related contract administration.
Why Work for Us?
Gateway celebrates and empowers our team members, who make it all possible. A career at Gateway means working with great people, being recognized for your unique contribution and career advancement opportunities across our 27 locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs while working in a dynamic and fun environment. See for yourself what it’s like to be on a team that values your vision, skill and energy.
Get to Know Gateway
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited (“Gateway”) is one of the largest and most diversified gaming and entertainment companies in Canada. Across its 27 gaming properties in British Columbia, Ontario and Edmonton, Alberta, Gateway currently employs approximately 8,648 people and boasts approximately 448 table games (including 49 poker tables), 13,887 slots, 85 restaurants and bars and 561 hotel rooms. Gateway is the service provider for the Central, Southwest and North gaming Bundles in Ontario, which includes 11 properties in their portfolio. A multi-pronged growth strategy has seen Gateway diversify and expand its product offering, including developing proprietary casino and restaurant brands, dramatically improving the gaming customer experience while attracting new customers. Some of Gateway's proprietary brands include Match Eatery & Public House, Atlas Steak + Fish and the new Halley’s Club. In 2017, Gateway celebrated 25 years in the business of gaming and entertainment in Canada. Further information is available at www.gatewaycasinos.com.
Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages!
Gateway is a proud equal opportunity employer and dedicates itself to Respect, Integrity, Team-Work and Exceptional Customer Service. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free candidate experience and work environment. If you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.