Administrative Assistant (Operations)
Job Type: Casual/ Part-Time/ Full-Time
The Gateway to Your Future
Are you known as a multi-tasking pro who can write an email while booking an appointment on the phone? Organize files with their eyes closed? Schedule new meetings while cancelling old ones? If you're a next level organizer Gateway wants to hear from you. The Administrative Assistant provides integral support to the corporate team, delivering follow-through and tracking important projects, along with assisting with general office administration, delivering vital foundational support to the executive team.
- Full benefits package for eligible employees
- Retirement savings plan
- Exciting, supportive and fun work environment
- Family and friends discounts on travel, tech, food, beverage, and fitness
- Development and training opportunities
- Monitor sales, expenses, promotions, prepares purchase orders, and processes invoices.
- Draft and prepares presentations, board reports, publications, and other documents.
- Maintain daily appointment calendars of members of executive team.
- Take and distributes minutes for executive meetings of highly confidential subjects.
- Present a positive and professional image of the executive office to all visitors and suppliers.
- Coordinate meetings, prepare agendas and meeting materials, and arranges catering.
- Makes travel arrangements and reservations, secures accommodation, car services, etc.
- Completes expense reports.
- Word processing, filing and other administrative duties as assigned.
- Handle office administration duties, including answer telephones, receiving deliveries, and manage incoming and outgoing mail.
- Call in service orders for office equipment maintenance.
- Monitor and maintain Outlook calendar events, meeting room and conference line bookings.
- Participates in projects and takes on other responsibilities as required.
What You Bring
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Ms Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat Professional and web browsers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Why Work for Us?
Gateway celebrates and empowers our team members, who make it all possible. A career at Gateway means working with great people, being recognized for your unique contribution and career advancement opportunities across our 27 locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs while working in a dynamic and fun environment. See for yourself what it's like to be on a team that values your vision, skill and energy.
Get to Know Gateway
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited ("Gateway") is one of the largest and most diversified gaming and entertainment companies in Canada. Across its 27 gaming properties in British Columbia, Ontario and Edmonton, Alberta, Gateway currently employs approximately 8,648 people and boasts approximately 448 table games (including 49 poker tables), 13,887 slots, 85 restaurants and bars and 561 hotel rooms. Gateway is the service provider for the Central, Southwest and North gaming Bundles in Ontario, which includes 11 properties in their portfolio. A multi-pronged growth strategy has seen Gateway diversify and expand its product offering, including developing proprietary casino and restaurant brands, dramatically improving the gaming customer experience while attracting new customers. Some of Gateway's proprietary brands include Match Eatery & Public House, Atlas Steak + Fish and the new Halley's Club. In 2017, Gateway celebrated 25 years in the business of gaming and entertainment in Canada. Further information is available at www.gatewaycasinos.com.
Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages!
Gateway is a proud equal opportunity employer and dedicates itself to Respect, Integrity, Team-Work and Exceptional Customer Service. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free candidate experience and work environment. If you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.