Job Type: Full-Time
The Gateway to Your Future
In a fun-filled and exciting work environment, the Cage Supervisor ensures our guests receive fast and flawless service. The position requires a self-motivated leader who is responsible for mentoring staff and providing a pleasant and efficient work atmosphere by fostering teamwork and open communication. We are looking for an experienced and skilled professional with strong organizational skills, and an eye for detail and accuracy. In this pivotal position, you oversee all cage operations and ensure compliance with applicable regulations governing monetary transactions with accountability for the accuracy and thoroughness of departmental data and paperwork.
- Full benefits package for full-time employees
- Retirement savings plan
- Exciting, supportive and fun work environment
- Family and friends discounts on travel, tech, food, beverage, and fitness
- Development and training opportunities
- Oversee and direct the operation of the Cage.
- Manage the casino float to ensure monetary assets and transactions are accurate and secure.
- Supervise direct reports, provide instruction and direction as needed.
- Interview, train, and develop direct reports including conducting performance appraisals and staff meetings.
- Manage Cage staff schedules and completes shift reports and other internal reports as required.
- Perform periodic audit and reconciliation of gaming software system accounts and forwards relevant information to the applicable internal departments and gaming regulators.
- Reconcile chip inventories and completes site chip transfers.
- Prepare and issue gaming and promotional cheques and reconciles the monthly cheque register.
- Oversee ticket redemption machine loading and reconciliation, auditing, and tracking sheets.
- Performs other duties as required in the absence of other supervisory staff.
What You Bring
- Two years of supervisory work experience handling large amounts of cash with accuracy.
- One year of experience as a casino cashier supervisor an asset.
- Proven leadership abilities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of cashier duties is an asset.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to operate a 10-key adding machine and to operate and troubleshoot Cage equipment.
- Must have good manual dexterity and be able to kneel and crouch.
- The ability to obtain registration with either the BCLC, AGLC or AGCO (based on province).
- Capacity to work in a confined, closed and restricted area.
Why Work With Us?
Gateway celebrates and empowers our team members, who make it all possible. A career at Gateway means working with great people, being recognized for your unique contribution and career advancement opportunities across our 27 locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs while working in a dynamic and fun environment. See for yourself what it?s like to be on a team that values your vision, skill and energy.
Get to Know Gateway
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited (?Gateway?) is one of the largest and most diversified gaming and entertainment companies in Canada. Across its 27 gaming properties in British Columbia, Ontario and Edmonton, Alberta, Gateway currently employs approximately 8,648 people and boasts approximately 448 table games (including 49 poker tables), 13,887 slots, 85 restaurants and bars and 561 hotel rooms. Gateway is the service provider for the Central, Southwest and North gaming Bundles in Ontario, which includes 11 properties in their portfolio. A multi-pronged growth strategy has seen Gateway diversify and expand its product offering, including developing proprietary casino and restaurant brands, dramatically improving the gaming customer experience while attracting new customers. Some of Gateway's proprietary brands include Match Eatery & Public House, Atlas Steak + Fish and the new Halley's Club. In 2017, Gateway celebrated 25 years in the business of gaming and entertainment in Canada. Further information is available at www.gatewaycasinos.com.
What Is Next
Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages!
Gateway is a proud equal opportunity employer and dedicates itself to Respect, Integrity, Team-Work and Exceptional Customer Service. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free candidate experience and work environment. If you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.