IT Security Specialist
Job Type: Full-Time
The Gateway to Your Future
A key contributor to the organization! Responsible for implementing and supporting IT /Cyber Security initiatives to ensure compliance with IT Security Standards while providing support and technology solutions to ensure the protection and integrity of Gateway Corporate and Gaming Management Systems while ensuring that'supporting infrastructure are maintained at all times in accordance with established standards.
- Full benefits package for full-time employees
- Retirement savings plan
- Exciting, supportive and fun work environment
- Family and friends discounts on travel, tech, food, beverage, and fitness
- Development and training opportunities
- Provides technical support and analysis of the IT Security environment
- Initiates, facilitates and promotes activities to increase the level of information protection awareness within the company
- Provides recommendations for appropriate adaptation of the security environment to meet new demands
- Implements and supports the creation of Gateway Information Security strategy
- Assists in the creation and maintenance of Information Security policies, standards and guidelines
- Develops and documents information security procedures
- Provide subject matter expertise to projects and other initiatives to comply with information security strategy
- Provide security consulting services to other Gateway departments
- Provide approvals for local admin rights, firewall rule implementation and 3rd party secure connections
- Investigates reported information security incidents to determine root cause and preventative actions
- Produce periodic reports to management related to information security metrics
- Forensic analysis/Investigation management
- Threat/Risk Assessment including vulnerability assessment and management making recommendations to reduce exposure; audit IT Security and access controls of ongoing administration of the modular and integrated Bally?s Gaming Management Platform
- Participate in Computer Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT) as Security SME
- Provide security awareness training to Gateway employees
- Participates and supports IT security related initiatives and implements process and methods to raise the maturity of Security governance and execution within the company while improving the security of information assets
- Provides ongoing evaluation of security measures, reporting findings to security management, identifying any vulnerabilities and make recommendations to reduce exposure
- Act as the Liaison between the Compliance team, Operations team, Gaming Regulators to ensure compliance with OLG/AGCO/GPEB/BCLC and AGLC needs
- Review and approve change control requests
- Ensure all SOP documentation is up-to-date. Accountable for the accuracy of Security Technology configuration items and documentation relating to the Application or System services
What You Bring
- Five to seven years of experience in configuring and supporting IT / Cyber Security Technology initiatives, IT Security Solution delivery preferably in a Casino or Gaming and Entertainment industry or other large corporate environment or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor?s Degree in technology, Science or Engineering
- A proven track record of successful project implementation in a software and technology implementation environment
- Knowledge of Gaming and Entertainment Industry preferred
- Knowledge of Bally?s Gaming Management System (GMS) V15
- Experience of the entire project life cycle from initial conceptual design to project deliverable
- Excellent organization, written and client facing skills. Customer Service orientation with a strong bias toward action
- Experience in providing services to agreed SLAs and OLAs
- Broad understanding of IT / Cyber Security technology
- In depth understanding of information security policies and risk analysis
- Ability to perform vulnerability identification, assessment and mitigation in heterogeneous environments
- Experience in dealing with a wide range of technical and non-technical personnel and issues
- Knowledge/Familiarity with SIEM, DLPs, FWs, SIEMs, Identity Management Solutions, IDS/IPS, Vulnerability Assessment Tools, Internet Security Tools, Router ACLS, TACACS Authentication/Radius Server, Multi Factor Authentication, Cryptography, Multi-platform access controls and administration
- Ability to relate business requirements and risks to technology implementation for security related issues
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of MS Windows, and Microsoft operating system, Linux controls and Cloud computing architecture platforms
- Knowledgeable of network operations, controls and components
- Must work well under tight deadlines and schedules.
Why Work With Us?
Gateway celebrates and empowers our team members, who make it all possible. A career at Gateway means working with great people, being recognized for your unique contribution and career advancement opportunities across our 27 locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs while working in a dynamic and fun environment. See for yourself what it?s like to be on a team that values your vision, skill and energy.
Get to Know Gateway
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited (?Gateway?) is one of the largest and most diversified gaming and entertainment companies in Canada. Across its 27 gaming properties in British Columbia, Ontario and Edmonton, Alberta, Gateway currently employs approximately 8,648 people and boasts approximately 448 table games (including 49 poker tables), 13,887 slots, 85 restaurants and bars and 561 hotel rooms. Gateway is the service provider for the Central, Southwest and North gaming Bundles in Ontario, which includes 11 properties in their portfolio. A multi-pronged growth strategy has seen Gateway diversify and expand its product offering, including developing proprietary casino and restaurant brands, dramatically improving the gaming customer experience while attracting new customers. Some of Gateway's proprietary brands include Match Eatery & Public House, Atlas Steak + Fish and the new Halley's Club. In 2017, Gateway celebrated 25 years in the business of gaming and entertainment in Canada. Further information is available at www.gatewaycasinos.com.
What Is Next
Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages!
Gateway is a proud equal opportunity employer and dedicates itself to Respect, Integrity, Team-Work and Exceptional Customer Service. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free candidate experience and work environment. If you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.