Preview Looking to demonstrate your culinary flare in a fast paced and fun kitchen environment? As 1st cook, you will empower and lead your team to deliver a memorable culinary experience for our guests while maintaining high standards of food production.
A Great Fit, if You
- Like to mentor and lead others by example
- Love to deliver extraordinary service and have a sense of urgency to provide solutions
- Can manage your time well, handle multiple responsibilities and enjoy working in a team environment
- Are a night owl who benefits from working evenings and weekends
- Ensures that adequate mise-en-place is prepared prior to service
- Delegates tasks and provides direction to cooks and all food handlers
- Maintains proper rotation of products and secures leftovers to minimize wastage
What You’ll Require
- 2 to 5 years experience in a cook position or culinary experience
- Diploma or Certificate in Culinary Arts or comparable education preferred
- Red Seal or equivalent certification an asset
- Solid understanding of meat, starch, sauces, soups and food safety preparation
- FOODSAFE Level 1 Certificate (In BC) /Mini Food Safety Course (In Alberta) is an asset
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and lift items weighted similar to a crate of potatoes
- Ability to work flexible hours, and special events
Benefits & Perks
- Employer paid health, vision and dental coverage (also available for Part-Time employees)
- 25% discount at all Gateway Casino & Entertainment locations
Match Eatery & Public House is modern Public House with a casual and inviting atmosphere. Our menu offers clean, classic food choices with a modern twist. Match Eatery strives to provide a full entertainment experience to all of its guests. It is the best place to watch your favorite game or take in the big fight and on the weekends, to enjoy live music, DJ’s and special event entertainment. Match is the perfect place to host a dinner for two, large group gatherings, a business lunch or just casual drinks in the lounge!
Who we are
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited (“Gateway”) is one of the largest and most diversified gaming companies in Canada. Operating in British Columbia, Edmonton and Ontario, Gateway has 9,000 employees and operates 27 gaming properties with more than 380 tables, over 13,200 slots, 77 restaurants and bars and 561 hotel rooms. As the new service provider for the Central Gaming Bundle in Ontario, Gateway has brought two more properties and one new planned build in Wasaga Beach or Collingwood to the Gateway portfolio when fully implemented. A multi-pronged growth strategy has seen Gateway diversify and expand its product offering, including developing proprietary casino and restaurant brands, which has dramatically improved the gaming customer experience while attracting new customers. This includes brands like Match Eatery & Public House, Atlas Steak + Fish and the new Halley’s Club. In 2017, Gateway celebrated 25 years in the business of gaming and entertainment in Canada. Further information is available at www.gatewaycasinos.com.
What Is Next
Love what you see so far? For the best chance to hear from us, apply within 30 days of the posting date. Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages!
Why Work For Us
Gateway celebrates and empowers those employees who made it all possible. A career at Gateway means great people, a great atmosphere and career advancement opportunities across our 26 locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs for all while working in an engaging and fun environment. Join us today!