Senior Analyst, Financial Planning and Analysis
Job Type: Full-Time
The Gateway to Your Future
The Senior Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis is responsible for the preparation of financial forecasts related to planned operations as well as potential acquisitions, financing, and new market growth. The position is also responsible for helping with strategic financial analysis and works collaboratively with other team members to support the company’s growth objectives.
- Full benefits package for full-time employees
- Retirement savings plan
- Exciting, supportive and fun work environment
- Family and friends discounts on travel, tech, food, beverage, and fitness
- Development and training opportunities
- Administers and prepares the company’s 3‐statement financial model accurately and timely.
- Participates in the improvement of the financial forecasting
- Assists with near‐term, long‐term financial forecasting and corporate presentations.
- Develops and maintains working templates and works with various departments (Finance, Operations, Marketing, IT, ) to gather data and provide analysis of the financial performance of the company.
- Develops financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives.
- Responsible for the preparation, analysis and review of the monthly financial performance report to the senior management Provides analysis and communicates reasons for revenue and expense results against budget and prior year and any trends forming, by working closely with Operations.
- Proactively participates in the analysis of financial and business impacts from complex and diverse queries.
- Performs analysis and provides recommendations on business performance metrics.
- Performs audits to ensure a high degree of accuracy and reliability of reports and financial results.
- Acts as a liaison and support between the corporate head office, regional offices and the operational sites for all forecasting
- Prepares analyses and presentations for senior
- Works with Finance on ad hoc projects as required.
What You Bring
- Post‐secondary education in finance, accounting, economics, business or a related
- CFA or CPA designation or in final stages of acquiring such designation with advanced knowledge of IFRS accounting
- 3 – 5 years of experience in performing financial analysis
- Advanced knowledge MS Excel skills (Power Query and advanced formulas).
- Strong attention to detail, highly organized, and efficient.
- Strong analytical skills and proficiency for designing, manipulating data, and reporting.
- Ability to plan, effectively manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Flexibility to adapt to constantly changing
- Strong verbal and written communication with the ability to explain complex concepts in an easy to understand manner for both senior managers and non‐financial managers.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with team members from many different departments with competing
- Experience with MS Power BI and IBM Cognos experience is an asset.
- Experience with ERP systems such as Oracle Cloud is an
Why Work with Us?
Gateway celebrates and empowers our team members, who make it all possible. A career at Gateway means working with great people, being recognized for your unique contribution and career advancement opportunities across our 27 locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs while working in a dynamic and fun environment. See for yourself what it?s like to be on a team that values your vision, skill and energy.
Get to Know Gateway
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited (?Gateway?) is one of the largest and most diversified gaming and entertainment companies in Canada. Across its 27 gaming properties in British Columbia, Ontario and Edmonton, Alberta, Gateway currently employs approximately 8,648 people and boasts approximately 448 table games (including 49 poker tables), 13,887 slots, 85 restaurants and bars and 561 hotel rooms. Gateway is the service provider for the Central, Southwest and North gaming Bundles in Ontario, which includes 11 properties in their portfolio. A multi-pronged growth strategy has seen Gateway diversify and expand its product offering, including developing proprietary casino and restaurant brands, dramatically improving the gaming customer experience while attracting new customers. Some of Gateway's proprietary brands include Match Eatery & Public House, Atlas Steak + Fish and the new Halley's Club. In 2017, Gateway celebrated 25 years in the business of gaming and entertainment in Canada. Further information is available at www.gatewaycasinos.com.
Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages!
Gateway is a proud equal opportunity employer and dedicates itself to Respect, Integrity, Team-Work and Exceptional Customer Service. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free candidate experience and work environment. If you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.