Business Operations Analyst
Job Type: Full-Time
The Gateway to Your Future
We are looking for an enthusiastic analyst with a passion of finding the story behind the numbers.
The Business Operations Analyst supports business decision making by performing quantitative analysis of the company’s projects and operational improvements. The Analyst works with various departments (Operations, Marketing, Property Development etc.) to gather data and provide analysis of the operational performance of the company.
- Full benefits package for full-time employees
- Retirement savings plan
- Exciting, supportive and fun work environment
- Family and friends discounts on travel, tech, food, beverage, and fitness
- Development and training opportunities
- Provides quantitative and analytical support of strategic and operational projects and identified opportunities
- Collaborates with internal teams to understand KPI and trends, and assists in forecasting the operational and financial impact of business decisions
- Collects financial and operational data from multiple sources to support project initiatives and business cases
- Supports development and maintenance of complex models and analyses to support strategic and operational initiatives
- Supports market potential assessment studies and direct marketing analytics
- Takes on additional responsibilities and special projects as required
- 3+ years of analytical experience in performing business operations analysis and data driven financial analysis
- Post-secondary education in Business, Business Data Analytics, Finance, Economics, or a related field
- Strong analytical skills including (but not exclusive to) operations review, cost analysis, marketing studies, forecasting techniques
- Proven track record of supporting business decisions through modeling in Excel
- Demonstrated proficiency in working with large datasets, both structured and unstructured data
- Highly proficient with Excel, including pivot tables and complex logic-based formulas
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of business intelligence software is an asset (IBM Cognos BI is preferred)
- Basic knowledge of SQL and understanding of data warehousing concepts is an asset
- Willingness to learn, superior capacity of understanding new concepts and mastering new skills quickly
- Detail oriented and ensure high-degree of data accuracy for all tasks performed
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with team members from many different departments with competing priorities
- Experience in casino, food & beverage, and hospitality industries as well as marketing analytics is an asset
Why Work With Us?
Gateway celebrates and empowers our team members, who make it all possible. A career at Gateway means working with great people, being recognized for your unique contribution and career advancement opportunities across our 27 locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs while working in a dynamic and fun environment. See for yourself what it?s like to be on a team that values your vision, skill and energy.
Get to Know Gateway
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited (Gateway) is one of the largest and most diversified gaming and entertainment companies in Canada. Across its 27 gaming properties in British Columbia, Ontario and Edmonton, Alberta, Gateway currently employs approximately 8,648 people and boasts approximately 448 table games (including 49 poker tables), 13,887 slots, 85 restaurants and bars and 561 hotel rooms. Gateway is the service provider for the Central, Southwest and North gaming Bundles in Ontario, which includes 11 properties in their portfolio. A multi-pronged growth strategy has seen Gateway diversify and expand its product offering, including developing proprietary casino and restaurant brands, dramatically improving the gaming customer experience while attracting new customers. Some of Gateway's proprietary brands include Match Eatery & Public House, Atlas Steak + Fish and the new Halley's Club. In 2017, Gateway celebrated 25 years in the business of gaming and entertainment in Canada. Further information is available at www.gatewaycasinos.com.
Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages!
Gateway is a proud equal opportunity employer and dedicates itself to Respect, Integrity, Team-Work and Exceptional Customer Service. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free candidate experience and work environment. If you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.