IT Service Desk Analyst
Job Type: Full-Time
The Gateway to Your Future
The IT Service Desk Analyst is responsible for proper prioritization, logging and initial troubleshooting of all incoming requests for support from internal and external users via phone and email in a pleasant and professional manner. This role could work weekends and evening / night shifts.
- Full benefits package for full-time employees
- Retirement savings plan
- Exciting, supportive and fun work environment
- Family and friends discounts on travel, tech, food, beverage, and fitness
- Development and training opportunities
- Perform initial troubleshooting of all Gateway applications and websites, desktop and mobile-related operating systems, other 3rd party software, and peripheral devices such as printers, scanners, etc.
- Be the point of escalation and provide support for issue resolution in the event of major incident management.
- Assist users in the resolution of problems related to systems operations.
- Resolve ticket escalations of user computer issues.
- Cordially and professionally interact with customers, vendors, superiors, peers, and others
What You Bring
- 3-5 years of experience or equivalent combination of related education and experience in a Service Desk Analyst or similar role
- Post-secondary Diploma/Degree in Computer Systems
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, in user-friendly language
- Working knowledge of LAN/WAN Networking, user/group setup, LAN security setup
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP Internetworking, routing and switching management
- Working knowledge of PC and server hardware installations and repairs
- Working knowledge of Windows 7/10, Microsoft Office 2003/2007/2010/2016
- Experience with MS Active Directory, MS Exchange 2003/2007/2010/2013/2016 an asset
- Casino Management Systems – Ballys GMS Version 15
- Experience with Casino Market Place, Slot Data Systems and other Gaming and Entertainment related systems.
- Knowledge of automated deployment
- Experience of monitoring tools and/or transaction monitoring
- Excellent communication, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to use and understand Microsoft Office Applications (Project, Excel, Words, Visio, etc.) email, Internet navigation and presentation software (PowerPoint or other software).
- Understanding of casino products (slots & table games), systems and/or similar environments
- Previous experience in a support or customer facing role.
- Previous experience with ITIL methodologies
- 1 year of experience providing technical support in a corporate environment
- Experience supporting PCs running Windows and Mac OS
- Experience diagnosing various hardware, peripherals and software problems and PC and Mac computers
- Experience working with wired and wireless network-attached devices
- Advanced understanding of applicable hardware and software systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Advanced experience with Windows and Mac desktop operating systems.
- Extensive application support experience
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Work independently as well as in a team environment
- Analytical and problem-solving skills Maintain confidentiality
- Working knowledge of Continuous Improvement
- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously within established time constraints
- Perform under strong demands in a fast-paced environment
- Display empathy, understanding and, patience with employees and external customers
- Respond professionally in situations with difficult employee/vendor/customer issues or inquiries
- Knowledge of Gaming and Entertainment Industry
- Previous casino/gaming/Payment services experience an asset
Why Work With Us?
Gateway celebrates and empowers our team members, who make it all possible. A career at Gateway means working with great people, being recognized for your unique contribution and career advancement opportunities across our 27 locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs while working in a dynamic and fun environment. See for yourself what it?s like to be on a team that values your vision, skill and energy.
Get to Know Gateway
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited (?Gateway?) is one of the largest and most diversified gaming and entertainment companies in Canada. Across its 27 gaming properties in British Columbia, Ontario and Edmonton, Alberta, Gateway currently employs approximately 8,648 people and boasts approximately 448 table games (including 49 poker tables), 13,887 slots, 85 restaurants and bars and 561 hotel rooms. Gateway is the service provider for the Central, Southwest and North gaming Bundles in Ontario, which includes 11 properties in their portfolio. A multi-pronged growth strategy has seen Gateway diversify and expand its product offering, including developing proprietary casino and restaurant brands, dramatically improving the gaming customer experience while attracting new customers. Some of Gateway's proprietary brands include Match Eatery & Public House, Atlas Steak + Fish and the new Halley's Club. In 2017, Gateway celebrated 25 years in the business of gaming and entertainment in Canada. Further information is available at www.gatewaycasinos.com.
What Is Next
Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages!
Gateway is a proud equal opportunity employer and dedicates itself to Respect, Integrity, Team-Work and Exceptional Customer Service. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free candidate experience and work environment. If you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.