Job Type: Full-Time
The Gateway to Your Future
If you have razor-sharp observation skills and an in-depth understanding of gaming, we want to hear from you. The Surveillance Operator is the eyes of the Casino, ensuring the security of customers, staff, and assets by maintaining continuous surveillance of gaming areas and the entire property. We are seeking a professional, reliable and committed Surveillance Operator who will ensure that laws, regulations and policies are followed by monitoring tables for any rule infractions.
- Full benefits package for full-time employees
- Retirement savings plan
- Exciting, supportive and fun work environment
- Family and friends discounts on travel, tech, food, beverage, and fitness
- Development and training opportunities
- Use audio and video equipment to maintain continuous surveillance of all gaming areas and property.
- Identify, record, document and report unusual or suspicious activity.
- Identify fraud and take appropriate action required by law and company policy.
- Monitor compliance and protect company assets and gaming integrity.
- Maintain detailed and accurate logs, gather and submit information for detailed reporting.
- Assist with investigations.
What You Bring
- Reliability, diligence, and a high level of integrity.
- Self-motivated and contribute positively to a team environment.
- Are meticulous in all areas of your duties.
- Confidence in your judgement and ability to write findings clearly.
- Benefit from working flexible hours, evenings, and weekends.
- Experience using surveillance equipment and software is an asset.
- Professional knowledge of table games is an asset.
- Ability to work in a dimmed, enclosed and controlled room in close proximity to colleagues.
- Good vision and the capacity to focus on a computer screen and sit for long periods of time.
- Casino surveillance experience is an asset.
- Deal Us In Phase I, ProTect, and ProServe AGLC SMART training available completed within 30 days of start date.
- The ability to obtain registration with AGLC (Anti-Money Laundering and Registered Gaming Worker License) prior to start date.
Why Work for Us?
Gateway celebrates and empowers our team members, who make it all possible. A career at Gateway means working with great people, being recognized for your unique contribution and career advancement opportunities across our 27 locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs while working in a dynamic and fun environment. See for yourself what its like to be on a team that values your vision, skill and energy.
Get to Know Gateway
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited (‘Gateway’) is one of the largest and most diversified gaming and entertainment companies in Canada. Across its 27 gaming properties in British Columbia, Ontario and Edmonton, Alberta, Gateway currently employs approximately 8,648 people and boasts approximately 448 table games (including 49 poker tables), 13,887 slots, 85 restaurants and bars and 561 hotel rooms. Gateway is the service provider for the Central, Southwest and North gaming Bundles in Ontario, which includes 11 properties in their portfolio. A multi-pronged growth strategy has seen Gateway diversify and expand its product offering, including developing proprietary casino and restaurant brands, dramatically improving the gaming customer experience while attracting new customers. Some of Gateway's proprietary brands include Match Eatery & Public House, Atlas Steak + Fish and the new Halley's Club. In 2017, Gateway celebrated 25 years in the business of gaming and entertainment in Canada. Further information is available at www.gatewaycasinos.com.
Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages!
Gateway is a proud equal opportunity employer and dedicates itself to Respect, Integrity, Team-Work and Exceptional Customer Service. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free candidate experience and work environment. If you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.