Applications Support Specialist
Job Type: Full-Time
The Gateway to Your Future
Our IT team is growing again! The Application Support Specialist is a corporate team member responsible for the support & administration of applications and services used for the production, management & delivery of content and services online to the business. You will be required to collaborate with other team members and functional stakeholders to provide support and technology solutions of the Gaming Management System to meet business needs and modernize/transform current products and applications.
- Full benefits package for full-time employees
- Retirement savings plan
- Exciting, supportive and fun work environment
- Family and friends discounts on travel, tech, food, beverage, and fitness
- Development and training opportunities
- Provide capacity planning, monitoring, and maintenance of designated system(s) and identifying trends or problems (as defined under ITIL).
- Maintain production environments relating to Gaming Management Systems and
- Services including development, stage and production systems.
- Ensure that applications are maintained in a manner that'supports delivery of services to multiple platforms, resilience and performance.
- Ensure continuity and quality by owning the resolution of issues across platforms; Track progress and escalate as appropriate.
- Ensure standards and guidelines are applied and maintained across applications for administration, deployment and monitoring over a range of platforms that largely comprises industry standard components. This includes applications, web server components and databases.
- Ensure appropriate contingency procedures are in place for applications and that they are regularly tested.
- Ensure that applications and related services are documented and kept current by:
- Keeping abreast of technical developments of operational importance to the company;
- Participating in developing or setting standards
- Support the infrastructure teams and the 24/7 group in deploying applications and solving problems.
- Participate in 0n-Call support.
What You Bring
- Undergraduate degree or diploma with emphasis in business administration and/or technology
- 5+ Years of Project Support Experience, Casino experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with Gaming Systems preferred; Knowledge of Bally’s Gaming Management System (GMS) V15, Application Server such as JBOSS and web server configuration and management; Thorough knowledge of MS Office and MS Project
- Training in Application Systems Development Life Cycle Management methods and techniques
- Proven track record of successful project implementation in a software and technology implementation environment
- Excellent organization, written and client facing skills
- Experience of the entire project life cycle, able to operate in the initial conceptual design stage
- The ability to obtain provincial registration
Why Work With Us?
Gateway celebrates and empowers our team members, who make it all possible. A career at Gateway means working with great people, being recognized for your unique contribution and career advancement opportunities across our 27 locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs while working in a dynamic and fun environment. See for yourself what it’s like to be on a team that values your vision, skill and energy.
Get to Know Gateway
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited (“Gateway”) is one of the largest and most diversified gaming and entertainment companies in Canada. Across its 27 gaming properties in British Columbia, Ontario and Edmonton, Alberta, Gateway currently employs approximately 8,648 people and boasts approximately 448 table games (including 49 poker tables), 13,887 slots, 85 restaurants and bars and 561 hotel rooms. Gateway is the service provider for the Central, Southwest and North gaming Bundles in Ontario, which includes 11 properties in their portfolio. A multi-pronged growth strategy has seen Gateway diversify and expand its product offering, including developing proprietary casino and restaurant brands, dramatically improving the gaming customer experience while attracting new customers. Some of Gateway's proprietary brands include Match Eatery & Public House, Atlas Steak + Fish and the new Halley's Club. In 2017, Gateway celebrated 25 years in the business of gaming and entertainment in Canada. Further information is available at www.gatewaycasinos.com.
Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages!
Gateway is a proud equal opportunity employer and dedicates itself to Respect, Integrity, Team-Work and Exceptional Customer Service. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free candidate experience and work environment. If you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.