Job Type: Full-Time
The Gateway to Your Future
This is an extraordinary opportunity for a self-motivated professional with a high level of integrity to apply their strong audit experience within the exciting gaming and entertainment industry.
The Internal Auditor conducts operational, compliance, and financial audits in line with the internal audit plan to assess internal controls over effectiveness and efficiency of operations, regulatory requirements, and accuracy of financial records. This role identifies audit irregularities and areas for improvement and provides recommendations to management.
- Full benefits package for full-time employees
- Retirement savings plan
- Exciting, supportive and fun work environment
- Family and friends discounts on travel, tech, food, beverage, and fitness
- Development and training opportunities
- Undertakes risk-based audits in accordance with the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA Standards) and the internal audit functions methodologies.
- Analyzes business processes with an understanding of objectives, risks, and controls through the collection, analysis, and interpretation of information and documentation.
- Tests the soundness, adequacy, and effectiveness of operational, compliance, and financial controls, and promotes effective controls.
- Tests the reliability of information systems examined (input, processing, and output) and system compliance with relevant information processing objectives, regulations, accounting principles, and company policies and procedures.
- Documents audit testing results, identifies areas for improvement, discusses audit findings with management, and prepares audit reports on a timely basis.
- Monitors and follows up on reported management action items.
- Assists with the annual risk assessment process, the quality assurance and improvement program, and status reports for the Internal Audit Executive.
- Applies auditing, regulatory, and accounting requirements in casino and corporate environments.
What You Bring
- Minimum 3 years of internal and/or external auditing experience
- Degree in accounting, business, or related discipline from an accredited university or college
- Accounting or internal auditing designation (CPA, CIA, CISA) and casino audit or public practice experience strongly preferred
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Gaming and Policy Enforcement Branch License (GPEB)
- Strong knowledge of managerial/financial control systems, processes, and risk-based internal audit procedures. This includes planning, testing, and sampling methods and a thorough understanding of internal audit requirements
- Sound knowledge of casino auditing and accounting principles/standards, regulatory requirements, and policies is preferred
- Knowledge of risk management frameworks is an asset
- Highly self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision when required
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex information into plain language for reports and presentations
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills to develop solutions for resolving complex problems
- Ability to provide advice, consult, persuade, negotiate, and influence in order to build consensus and support for recommendations and promote organizational change
- Ability to demonstrate integrity in the conduct of audits and protect the confidentiality of privileged information
- Ability to establish, maintain, and manage effective working relationships with staff at all levels of the business, while continuing to maintain independence and objectivity
- Ability to act with tact, diplomacy, and professionalism in sensitive situations
- Proficiency in using computer software (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, TeamMate+) in a Windows environment
- Individual must possess a valid Driver?s Licence
Why Work With Us?
Gateway celebrates and empowers our team members, who make it all possible. A career at Gateway means working with great people, being recognized for your unique contribution and career advancement opportunities across our 27 locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs while working in a dynamic and fun environment. See for yourself what it's like to be on a team that values your vision, skill and energy.
Get to Know Gateway
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited (Gateway) is one of the largest and most diversified gaming and entertainment companies in Canada. Across its 27 gaming properties in British Columbia, Ontario and Edmonton, Alberta, Gateway currently employs approximately 8,648 people and boasts approximately 448 table games (including 49 poker tables), 13,887 slots, 85 restaurants and bars and 561 hotel rooms. Gateway is the service provider for the Central, Southwest and North gaming Bundles in Ontario, which includes 11 properties in their portfolio. A multi-pronged growth strategy has seen Gateway diversify and expand its product offering, including developing proprietary casino and restaurant brands, dramatically improving the gaming customer experience while attracting new customers. Some of Gateway's proprietary brands include Match Eatery & Public House, Atlas Steak + Fish and the new Halley's Club. In 2017, Gateway celebrated 25 years in the business of gaming and entertainment in Canada. Further information is available at www.gatewaycasinos.com.
What Is Next
Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages!
Gateway is a proud equal opportunity employer and dedicates itself to Respect, Integrity, Team-Work and Exceptional Customer Service. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free candidate experience and work environment. If you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.