Job Type: Full-Time
The Gateway to Your Future
Join our amazing team! The Sous Chef will manage kitchen activities and collaborate with staff to create signature dishes that will keep customers coming back! The role calls for a self-motivated professional who enhances communication and commitment in creating effective and focused work teams.
With a combination of your outstanding customer service and leadership skills, and a passion for food and business, you will help your team contribute to Gateway’s ongoing success!
- Full benefits package for full-time employees
- Retirement savings plan
- Exciting, supportive and fun work environment
- Family and friends discounts on travel, tech, food, beverage, and fitness
- Development and training opportunities
- Manages kitchen activities and staff, ensuring that they have sufficient resources available
- Ensures consistent and high quality food preparation and presentation
- Develops, provides feedback and directs staff to achieve high levels of performance and customer service
- Contributes to the menu and budget development
- Identifies business opportunities and organizes or oversees the development and deliverables of these efforts
- Works with the casino management team and participates in casino initiatives
- Ensure cleanliness and hygiene is maintained, refrigerators and storerooms are organized, and that all food products are correctly stored
- Retains a thorough and updated knowledge of policies and procedures, regulations, products and services
What You Bring
- Two to five years experience in restaurant supervision or an equivalent combination of education, and experience
- Diploma or degree in culinary arts or restaurant management is an asset
- Red Seal or equivalent certification an asset
- Provincial certifications for alcohol service and food preparation
- Working knowledge with spreadsheets, word processing , email, point of sale and inventory control applications
- Solid customer service skills
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds required
Why Work for Us?
Gateway celebrates and empowers our team members, who make it all possible. A career at Gateway means working with great people, being recognized for your unique contribution and career advancement opportunities across our 27 locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs while working in a dynamic and fun environment. See for yourself what it’s like to be on a team that values your vision, skill and energy.
Get to Know Gateway
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited (“Gateway”) is one of the largest and most diversified gaming and entertainment companies in Canada. Across its 27 gaming properties in British Columbia, Ontario and Edmonton, Alberta, Gateway currently employs approximately 8,648 people and boasts approximately 448 table games (including 49 poker tables), 13,887 slots, 85 restaurants and bars and 561 hotel rooms. Gateway is the service provider for the Central, Southwest and North gaming Bundles in Ontario, which includes 11 properties in their portfolio. A multi-pronged growth strategy has seen Gateway diversify and expand its product offering, including developing proprietary casino and restaurant brands, dramatically improving the gaming customer experience while attracting new customers. Some of Gateway's proprietary brands include Match Eatery & Public House, Atlas Steak + Fish and the new Halley's Club. In 2017, Gateway celebrated 25 years in the business of gaming and entertainment in Canada. Further information is available at www.gatewaycasinos.com.
Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages!
Gateway is a proud equal opportunity employer and dedicates itself to Respect, Integrity, Team-Work and Exceptional Customer Service. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free candidate experience and work environment. If you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.