Human Resources Generalist
Job Type: Full-Time
The Gateway to Your Future
This is an exciting opportunity for a Human Relations Generalist who wants to bring their razor-sharp people skills and communications prowess to a thriving national company.
Are you a natural leader with a desire to build and oversee an exceptional HR team? A detail-person who can also see the big picture, a team motivator who is approachable and supportive? If you answer yes and see yourself in this critical role, we want to meet you.
- Full benefits package for full-time employees
- Retirement savings plan
- Exciting, supportive and fun work environment
- Family and friends discounts on travel, tech, food, beverage, and fitness
- Development and training opportunities
- Actively partner with the management team, including identification of organizational development needs and overall alignment of HR programs and systems to achieve business results
- Manage all employee and labour relations issues at the site, including grievances, discipline and termination procedures.
- Work proactively with management and employees to ensure a productive and respectful workplace environment
- Deliver full recruitment services from sourcing and interviewing to employee offers
- Provide advice and guidance on attendance and disability management, health and safety, human rights, and performance management, while ensuring compliance to AGCO and HR related legislation
- Provide coaching and resources to the HR team, employees and managers with respect to career development, training, compensation, recruitment, performance management and employee relations programs
- Assist in compiling relative HR metrics, analysis and reporting
What You Bring
- Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible human resources experience and/or equivalent combination of related education and experience or equivalent with 3 years in a leadership role
- CHRP and/or CHRL designation is an asset
- Extensive knowledge of federal, provincial and local employment laws and regulations.
- Ability to understand the business operations from both a strategic and tactical perspective.
- A confident communicator with solid written and verbal skills.
- Experience with core aspects of Human Resource management (staffing, employee relations, labour relations, performance management, leadership development and training).
- Courage to make tough decisions and deliver difficult messages with professionalism and poise.
- Strong expertise in developing solutions based on data analytics.
Why Work With Us?
Gateway celebrates and empowers our team members, who make it all possible. A career at Gateway means working with great people, being recognized for your unique contribution and career advancement opportunities across our 27 locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs while working in a dynamic and fun environment. See for yourself what it's like to be on a team that values your vision, skill and energy.
Get to Know Gateway
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited ("Gateway") is one of the largest and most diversified gaming and entertainment companies in Canada. Across its 27 gaming properties in British Columbia, Ontario and Edmonton, Alberta, Gateway currently employs approximately 8,648 people and boasts approximately 448 table games (including 49 poker tables), 13,887 slots, 85 restaurants and bars and 561 hotel rooms. Gateway is the service provider for the Central, Southwest and North gaming Bundles in Ontario, which includes 11 properties in their portfolio. A multi-pronged growth strategy has seen Gateway diversify and expand its product offering, including developing proprietary casino and restaurant brands, dramatically improving the gaming customer experience while attracting new customers. Some of Gateway's proprietary brands include Match Eatery & Public House, Atlas Steak + Fish and the new Halley's Club. In 2017, Gateway celebrated 25 years in the business of gaming and entertainment in Canada. Further information is available at www.gatewaycasinos.com.
Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages!
Gateway is a proud equal opportunity employer and dedicates itself to Respect, Integrity, Team-Work and Exceptional Customer Service. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free candidate experience and work environment. If you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know.