A & P Maintenance / Avionics Technician
We have an immediate opportunity for a Maintenance/Avionics Technician in Dallas, TX.
The Maintenance/Avionics Technician is responsible for knowing, understanding, and accomplishing all required steps associated with compliance of the maintenance work scope assigned. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure all work is accomplished in accordance with Gama Aviation Engineering’s policies and procedures (RSQCM), manufacturer’s maintenance manuals, and FAA regulations.
- Document maintenance discrepancies and take necessary actions to correct the items.
- Immediately notify the Lead Mechanic of any problem areas such as parts, materials, workmanship, or airworthiness issues.
- Provide the Lead Mechanic with a detailed report of work progression and open items to be included in the shift turnover log.
- Proper tagging of Aircraft components, parts, and panels appropriately stored including racks by aircraft.
- Maintain work areas, buildings, and equipment which are utilized for aircraft maintenance in a safe, clean, and operative condition.
- Have sufficient hand tools to perform maintenance duties.
- Performs other duties as directed by the Lead Mechanic.
- The Aircraft Mechanic, certified, may delegate any duties to any qualified assistant; however, such delegation does not relieve the Aircraft Mechanic of overall responsibility.
- Willing and able to work rotating shifts including, nights, holidays, weekends and days off.
- Available to travel up to 25%.
- Five (5) years in aircraft maintenance
- At least five (5) years experience of direct involvement with FAR 135 and/or 145 policies and procedures
- Working knowledge of FAA regulations
- Good computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Adobe
- Able to understand and interpret aircraft technical data
- Excellent communication in English, oral and written
- Able to successfully work with others as part of a team in order to achieve established goals
- Available to travel, foreign and domestic, as needed
- Valid and current Airframe and Powerplant Certificate, minimum of five (5) yr.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Valid Passport