Frontend Technical Lead
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, help families and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help them.
So, we created the leading online marketplace for small business loans. Our investors have lent £8.1 billion in 110,000 loans to 77,000 small business owners. In a single year, we unlocked 115,000 jobs and contributed £6.5 billion to the global economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
This role sits within the “Tech” team. The drivers behind our platform – brilliant people working together to create, code, and build the next game changers.
About the team
The driving force behind the world’s leading platform for small business lending is our engineering team. We are a diverse group from more than 25 different countries and cultures who bring together a wide range of backgrounds and experience (from music to aerospace engineering).
We are focused entirely on using technology to provide the best experience for our borrowers and investors. We are doing this by building elegant, sustainable, and scalable solutions that can be applied globally. We work in small agile teams practicing continuous integration, TDD and are no strangers to pairing as we believe that working together is smarter than sitting in silos.
About the role
Day to Day, this role will include:
- Building up the strategy and the roadmap for our frontend experience from a technical perspective
- Collaborate with the other lead engineers to define the long term tech strategy for our platform
- Helping the engineering teams come up with solutions and designs that meet our architecture requirements and needs
- Working side by side with the teams to iterate quickly when needed and meet commercial targets
- UI design experimentation
- Mentoring more junior frontend engineers within the team
This role requires someone who has:
- Hands on experience with React in a senior engineer role is key for this position
- Knowledge of other languages and paradigms is a plus
- Strong fundamental programming skills (data structures, algorithms)
- Good understanding of distributed systems and architectures
- Familiarity developing on Unix/Linux
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Knowledge of Agile, Scrum, BDD, TDD and CI/CD
- Proven experience mentoring/leading less experienced engineers
Why join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by everyone.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Yes, it’s target-driven and high-octane – but we like to play hard too. That’s what makes us, us. Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
If you show skill and are willing, we’ll back you all the way. This is the place for you to build something incredible.
It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
We celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. So we’re building a culture where difference is valued. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe diversity makes us better. We particularly encourage applications from applicants from underrepresented backgrounds. We welcome applicants who may want to work flexibly.
Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you