We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, help families and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help them.
So, we created the leading online marketplace for small business loans. Our investors have lent £8.1 billion in 110,000 loans to 77,000 small business owners. In a single year, we unlocked 115,000 jobs and contributed £6.5 billion to the global economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
This role sits within the “Tech” team. The drivers behind our platform – brilliant people working together to create, code, and build the next game changers.
About the role
Would you describe yourself as a creative and ambitious engineer who’s always ready to take on the next cutting-edge technology and build scalable infrastructure? If your answer is yes, you’re going to fit right in with our team.
The Platform team builds and maintains the infrastructure that powers all the apps at Funding Circle. If you enjoy automation, working with the latest technology and helping define and steer the technical direction of a global brand then this role is for you.
We are a group of passionate engineers whose bread and butter is learning new technologies and fostering a collaborative and inclusive environment - we’re looking for people who feel the same.
- Be an automator: we’re using cutting-edge technology to facilitate automation and repeatability. We practice continuous integration and are working towards continuous deployment.
- Be a builder: our engineers are building and expanding our highly-available architecture to handle over $2 billion in loans originated through our pipeline.
- Be a game changer: we’re building infrastructure that has a competitive edge; we’re using technologies such as Kubernetes, Apache Kafka , Serverless
- Be a collaborator: you’ll be expected to forge deep bonds with your business counterparts to truly understand the needs of our Borrowers and Investors. We work in an Agile environment including pair programming and daily standups.
- Be a teacher: be generous with your time and expertise to continue the development of our world-class engineering team.
- Expert knowledge of working in cloud-based infrastructure (AWS)
- Experience of one or more coding languages, preferably Go, Ruby, Node
- Capable of architecting security and compliance best practices into global cloud infrastructure
- At ease troubleshooting in complex environments using monitoring and logging tools (such as New Relic, Prometheus, Graylog and Kibana)
- Solid knowledge and experience of Terraform
- Experience in requirements identification, solution analysis, and product selection
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Why join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by everyone.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Yes, it’s target-driven and high-octane – but we like to play hard too. That’s what makes us, us. Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
If you show skill and are willing, we’ll back you all the way. This is the place for you to build something incredible.
It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
We celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. So we’re building a culture where difference is valued. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe diversity makes us better. We particularly encourage applications from applicants from underrepresented backgrounds. We welcome applicants who may want to work flexibly.
Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.