Information Security Engineer
Information Security Engineer Job Description
Funding Circle brings together small businesses and investors in a way that is truly revolutionary. We foster an environment where small business can thrive. Our platform provides a marketplace where investors receive better returns and small businesses find lower rates. The driving force behind our product is our delivery team and we want you to be a part of it!
As an Information Security Engineer you will…
- Coordinate with development, infrastructure, and IT teams to produce systems that are inherently secure
- Find security vulnerabilities in our infrastructure, raise them with the affected teams, and advise them on how best to mitigate them
- Train development, infrastructure, and IT teams on security best practices
- Properly balance security risk against the other needs of the business
- Triage issues found by tools, external reports, and various tests, to accurately assess the real risks
- Manage penetration testing engagements on our infrastructure
You’ve been there and done this…
- 2+ years experience in an infrastructure security role, or a role that works closely with infrastructure security
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Information Security or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with various forms of encryption and hashing, and their appropriate use cases
- Hands-on experience in IaaS (preferably Amazon Web Services), including Identity and Access Management roles
- Strong understanding of network security techniques
- Experience with infrastructure threat modeling and secure design
- Strong understanding of the OWASP Top Ten
- Ability to independently prioritise multiple competing tasks
- Ability to participate in occasional off-hours handling of security incidents
- Experience building and maintaining relationships with other technical teams
- Excellent communication skills, in both technical and non-technical topics
It would be great if you’ve also…
- Written code professionally (especially in Python)
- Formally trained others on technical topics
Why Join Us?
Happy employees are productive employees, that’s why we offer a hearty benefits package including:
- Our employees make our mission a reality, and we want you to share in the companies success by offering generous shares.
- Cool kit - Mac or PC
- Private healthcare, pension and healthcare cash back schemes
- Discounted onsite gym membership
- Learning and development through FC Academy
- Personal development funding
- Flexible working
- Free breakfast, barista coffee and discounted hot lunch at our Funderbar!
- We are a regular host of Meet-Ups and events.
- Company wide socials
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better.