Senior Information Security Engineer
We want to help small business win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, help families and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help them.
So, we created the leading online marketplace for small business loans. Our investors have lent £8.1 billion in 110,000 loans to 77,000 small business owners. In a single year , we unlocked 115,000 jobs and contribute £6.5 billion to the global economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
About the Information Security Engineer role:
- Coordinate with development, infrastructure, and IT teams to produce systems that are inherently secure
- Find security vulnerabilities in our infrastructure, raise them with the affected teams, and advise them on how best to mitigate them
- Onboard, tune and manage security tools to increase responsiveness and visibility
- Train development, infrastructure, and IT teams on security best practices
- Properly balance security risk against the other needs of the business
- Triage issues found by tools, external reports, and various tests, to accurately assess the real risks
- Manage penetration testing engagements on our infrastructure
- Professional experience in an infrastructure security role, or a role that works closely with infrastructure security
- Familiarity with various forms of encryption and hashing, and their appropriate use cases
- Hands-on experience in IaaS (preferably Amazon Web Services), including Identity and Access Management roles
- Strong understanding of network security techniques
- Experience with infrastructure threat modeling and secure design
- Strong understanding of the OWASP Top Ten
- Ability to independently prioritise multiple competing tasks
- Ability to participate in occasional off-hours handling of security incidents
- Experience building and maintaining relationships with other technical teams
- Excellent communication skills, in both technical and non-technical topics
Why join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by everyone.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Yes, it’s target-driven and high-octane – but we like to play hard too. That’s what makes us, us. Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
If you show skill and willing, we’ll back you all the way. This is the place for you to build something incredible.
It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better. We particularly encourage applications from applicants from underrepresented backgrounds. We welcome applicants who may want to work flexibly.
Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.