Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, help families and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more.
So far our investors have lent £13.7 billion through it to 122,000 SME owners. In just one year, we unlocked 100,000 jobs and contributed £7.2 billion to the UK economy.
At Funding Circle we deliver an amazing customer experience through technology. We are focused on empowering small businesses to not only borrow, but pay and spend as well. This will make Funding Circle a multi-product platform, serving a direct and embedded audience.
This role sits within the “Tech and Data” teams. The drivers behind our platform – brilliant people working together to create, code, and build the next game changers.
What will you be doing?
- Be a team builder: you’ll build, manage, and mentor software engineering teams with increasing responsibilities. You will create the engineering structure to scale and grow with the values of the company.
- Be a driver: you’ll drive company and project goals, prioritise resources, and ensure timely delivery. You’ll implement effective engineering processes, technology, and policies for sustained growth.
- Be a Funding Circle Rep: you’ll represent Funding Circle engineering and management at industry events, and help grow our brand within the community.
- Be a collaborator: you’ll forge deep bonds with your business counterparts, understanding their needs and sharing ownership of their outcomes.
- Be a teacher: be generous with your time and expertise to teach stakeholders and fellow engineers how to answer their own questions.
- Experienced in either management or technical leadership (we are open to engineers transitioning from a senior/lead role into a management position)
- Experienced in delivering mission-critical, high-value products, and services.
- Familiar with Agile Methodologies with a focus on TDD.
- Experienced in working in a fast-paced and rapidly growing environment.
- Experienced working in global companies with multiple geographies.
Research shows that some people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single criteria. At Funding Circle we are committed to building diverse teams so please apply even if your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the requirements. You might just be the perfect fit.
Why join us?
Talk to our recruiters about our workplace, culture and benefits covering; Lifestyle, Health, Wealth & Development!
A few highlights are:
- Flexible and remote working options + home working support
- Private Medical Insurance and Dental Insurance
- Learning and Wellbeing allowances (including subscription to Gympass)
Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.