Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, help families and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help them get the finance they need to thrive, creating thousands of jobs as they drive the economy forward.
So, we created the leading online marketplace for small business loans. Our investors have lent £13.7 billion in 171,000 loans to 122,000 small business owners. In a single year, we unlocked 100,000 jobs and contributed £7.2 billion to the UK economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
This role sits within what we call the “Funnel” team. They are the face of Funding Circle and work passionately to make sure small businesses have an incredible experience in getting the funding they need.
What will you be doing?
Our Direct Sales team has always been a cornerstone of our success story, and a great starting point to a challenging and rewarding career in B2B sales.
As an Account Executive in Direct Sales, you embody one of our most important selling points: personal support of our customers. Every day you will speak to a diverse range of SME business owners to gain an understanding of their business, find out about their goals and explain how Funding Circle can help in achieving them. This involves:
- Working with 100% warm leads (generated through direct marketing and our database) to generate leads through business development and/or account manage applications through the funnel.
- Establishing instant rapport with your customers via telephone, email and SMS to cultivate successful relationships.
- Pitching the Funding Circle proposition against alternative funding options available.
- Managing a high-volume, fast-paced pipeline; supporting your clients through each stage of the application.
- Being responsible for your own monthly target and continuously developing & improving your approach to help you get there
- Motivated by success in numbers and driven to achieve your monthly targets
- Able to easily connect with people and demonstrate natural interpersonal skills - including teamwork!
- Organised and capable of managing your workload autonomously
- Quick to learn, understand, and explain complex concepts and products
- Keen to progress your sales career and ready to take on and implement feedback
- Excited by a fast-paced environment with the ability to ‘think smart’ and adapt quickly
- Interested in the FinTech industry as well as empowering small businesses
We are interested in meeting people from a diverse education background. This role would equally suit a recent graduate or those post-apprenticeship as well as those with some recent sales experience.
Why join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by all of our Circlers.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
If you show skill and are willing, we’ll back you all the way. This is the place to make a positive difference. Join the disruption. Say “I was there”. Be a part of it. Build something incredible and make a genuine impact on the lives of many – including yours.
Here at Funding Circle we have a hybrid working policy, for most teams this means we’d like to see you in the office 2-3 days a week. We hope this will give you the chance to connect with your colleagues and work in a way that is most effective for you!
It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
We celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. So we’re building a culture where difference is valued. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe diversity makes us better.
Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.