Senior Commercial Manager, Short Term Finance
Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, help families and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help them get the finance they need to thrive, creating thousands of jobs as they drive the economy forward.
So, we created the leading online marketplace for small business loans. Our investors have lent £13.7 billion in 171,000 loans to 122,000 small business owners. In a single year, we unlocked 100,000 jobs and contributed £7.2 billion to the UK economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
What will you be doing?
- Reporting directly to the Managing Director, Short Term Finance, your role will be to develop and grow new lending products for small businesses in the UK.
- You will be joining a dedicated Short Term Finance commercial team with a clear mandate to act as a start-up organisation within the broader Funding Circle organisation in order to rapidly launch and scale new product ideas.
- You will collaborate with the Product, Technology, Marketing, Risk and Operational teams to design, iterate and scale innovative propositions that will radically improve the way small businesses can manage their short term financing needs.
- You will help integrate these new propositions across the wider business infrastructure, developing relationships and partnering with key stakeholders to create successful solutions that can sit alongside the core product offering at Funding Circle.
- Your role, your responsibilities and the size of your team will rapidly grow over time as this new product line expands and scales, providing you with numerous opportunities to develop your personal skills and deepen your fintech experience.
- Typically, 7-10+ years’ experience in payments and / or cards gained at other fintechs, specialised lenders, retail banks or consulting outfits with a strong record of strategic planning, execution, and commercial success. Small business payments / lending experience is preferable.
- Proven ability to lead successful projects involving a broad range of stakeholders, from ideation to implementation
- Balanced judgement, excellent strategic thinking, quantitative skills and logical reasoning
- Driven, ‘can do’ attitude, able to find creative and pragmatic solutions to get things done
- Great ability to interact with and motivate a diverse range of stakeholders
- Passionate about Funding Circle’s mission and values – agile, collaborative, creative, great to work with
Why join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by all of our Circlers.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
If you show skill and are willing, we’ll back you all the way. This is the place to make a positive difference. Join the disruption. Say “I was there”. Be a part of it. Build something incredible and make a genuine impact on the lives of many – including yours.
It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
We celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. So we’re building a culture where difference is valued. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe diversity makes us better. We will consider flexible working options; please talk to us to discuss how we could make this role flexible for you.
Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.